Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why no Fuel Filter or Fuel/Water Separator on LCR 320??

I was surprised to learn that my 2007 Malibu doesn't have a fuel filter or fuel water separator, but my dad's Four Winns does.

What the heck is that all about??

Why wouldn't Indmar/Malibu have that as standard equipment?

Anyone add this aftermarket to your new Malibu??

I assume your dads Four Winns has a Merc, like I have in my Bu. Indmar just doesn't use the spin on water fuel seperator you are referring to. But all the ones I have seen have an inline filter somewhere in the fuel line.

Actually, they did on the older carb'd Indmar. But you should still have a fuel filter somewhere inline between the tank and motor. I'm sure someone will chime in on exactly where it is for that boat.

Mike

Yea, my 94 MC 205 had a spin on fuel / water separator similar to what comes on many diesels. The engine was an Indmar 350 with the TBC.

But the Monsoon in the 05 Vride we currently have doesn't have anything like it.

tj--around 2003 Indmar stopped installing the canister filter near the engine. 2007 brought the in-tank pump and removed the 'inline' filter. You do have a fuel filter though--it is inside your tank. Have fun. Or have the dealer do it. ;)

Edited by VinRLX

The reason thy haven't used spin on filters is they create an air pocket in the top of the canister which is a bad thing.

I've seen several boats with fuel delivery issues because customers added the water separating fuel filter.

-Chris

The reason thy haven't used spin on filters is they create an air pocket in the top of the canister which is a bad thing.

I've seen several boats with fuel delivery issues because customers added the water separating fuel filter.

-Chris

that's good to know.

i've been tempted to add a water seperating fuel filter.

-Chris

that's good to know.

Yeah, like Chris knows what he's talking about. :lol:

-Chris

that's good to know.

guess that's good to know, too. :)

-Chris

that's good to know.

Yeah, coming from a guy that still has to figure out which one is "lefty loosey, righty tighty"

-Chris