Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lowriders kneeboard video trailer

tuneman

That's a great little video. I really love to kneeboard, but I can't seem to get enough balls to do any more then wake jump after I tor my rotator cuff. I guess I just need to suck it up and do it.

Very cool video.

Any thoughts on a new kneeboard for my son? Right now he has a HO Striker which he likes quite a bit. Would there be any performance gain for him to go to an OBrien Lowrider or a HO Joker or....? He goes wake to wake both ways easily and can do backrolls, but has not ridden away from one yet. Personally, I think all of you kneeboarders are a little crazy.

obski, the Striker is a great board and your son should be able to accomplish just about any trick on it. If he still wants a new board, I'd suggest a move up to a Lowrider or Rush 5150.. Preferrably the Rush 5150, because it has a double locking strap. I don't recommend the Joker because of the wide tail. It causes a lot of drag, which is good for setting up tricks fast in competition. But for just going out and having fun, the extra drag will tire your son out fast.

I used to kneeboad a fair amount. I'm guessing half those guys pushing it so hard will eventually have lower back disk problems. Kneeboarding is just not forgiving on the body.

obski, the Striker is a great board and your son should be able to accomplish just about any trick on it. If he still wants a new board, I'd suggest a move up to a Lowrider or Rush 5150.. Preferrably the Rush 5150, because it has a double locking strap. I don't recommend the Joker because of the wide tail. It causes a lot of drag, which is good for setting up tricks fast in competition. But for just going out and having fun, the extra drag will tire your son out fast.

Thanks for the info.

One of his main complaints is that he tends to pop the strap. Would replacing the strap be a reasonable thing to do, or would it be better to get a new board with a different strap? He does really like his Striker.

Can anyone give the details of adding ball under butt to reduce strain on the ankles?

The ball acts as a cushion to reduce the impact to your feet, heels, ankles and back. Most guys use a partially inflated slalom buoy with a bungee cord going form it to the kneeboard strap. You can also use a kids soccer ball or a small football. Inflate it so that your heels are just barely touching your butt.

There'll be a full instructional about this in the final video. Thumbup.gif

• 1 month later...

That is a cool video, and I may be showing my age, but I used to do just about all those tricks on the kneeboard.... Whe I learned them there was no ballast, no extended towers, you just had to have good technique. Myself, my brother, and my friend were always pushing each other and we learned from one of the best Ted Bevelaqua... At 37, my back can not take the pounding that the kneeboard throws at me and I have switched to the wakeboard.... In the last couple of years I have gotten better, but the wake board is not as forgiving on landings if you are not in the correct body position... On the kneeboard you were in a compact ball and you could just hold on and surface roll back onto the board and keep going.... Cool video though.... I wish I could teach some young kids to kneeboard like that now...

I would love to learn to do the flips like that. I have no problem at all getting wake to wake behind the boat, but that and 360's are as creative as I have gotten on my Hydroslide Kaos. I love the ball idea - I will certainly have to give that a go. Thumbup.gif My knees and feet take a pounding after riding for a while doing wake to wake jumps.

Yes, just replace the strap. Either get a double locker from HO or get one from Lonnie at Cinch. The Cinch strap is the best you can buy. http://www.cinchkneeboard.com/

Well I ended up giving Lonnie a call at Cinch and got my son a custom length strap in a color to match the board. He can't wait to try it out.