Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LCD Display and Guages Resetting

I have a 2006 VLX with 80 hrs on it. I bought it new this May. Whenever I blow the horn the guages and the LCD display reset in the same fashion as when you first turn on the ignition. The engine runs fine and the cruise speed is maintained. I checked under the dash for any loose connections and found nothing. Tapping below and above the dash does not cause the reset. I have unplugged and plugged all the harnesses to the various under dash control boxes. The boat is under warranty but the nearest dealer is over 150 miles away so I would like to avoid a visit if at all possible. I see there are a number of known guage problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a 2006 VLX with 80 hrs on it. I bought it new this May. Whenever I blow the horn the guages and the LCD display reset in the same fashion as when you first turn on the ignition. The engine runs fine and the cruise speed is maintained. I checked under the dash for any loose connections and found nothing. Tapping below and above the dash does not cause the reset. I have unplugged and plugged all the harnesses to the various under dash control boxes. The boat is under warranty but the nearest dealer is over 150 miles away so I would like to avoid a visit if at all possible. I see there are a number of known guage problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

Check the grounds. Had the exact same thing happen. The stereo shop that installed my subs drove a screw through the wire bundle. If I remember correctly the dealer ran a new ground for the horn.

It took them 30 minutes to fix.

Thanks for the suggestions. i was thinking of trying another power source and see what happened. The boat is in storage for the winter now so I will be looking into the ground/alternate power source in the spring.

Your ground may take care of the issue. Not sure if this changes anything or not, but something to consider is that if too much power is drawn, then comes back, the gauges will re-fire. Ground or no, I'd say if you fix whatever is wrong with the horn, it will take care of the problem.