Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interesting Ebay Auction

Hman442

I hate to say this, but as a Realtor myself I kind of enjoy this kind of thing....

This guy obviously drank the kool-aid and overextended himself tremendously. There were so many in my industry that did this, I'm now sort of relishing their comeuppance. He needs the money to "recapitalize" his business....in other words his teaser adjustable rate is going to convert and he's screwed. If he does get some sucker to buy in, he should spend a few bucks on spell check or a spelling course at the JC. Nothing makes you look dumber than repeatedly misspelling common words.

Although J-RO's generalization isn't completely fair, he's pretty darn close.

I actually moved to TX from Ladera Ranch... crazy!

It is one of those communities where people were buying anything they could get in on. One of my buddies bought a nice little home for $440K in one of the last phases... his neighbors were selling a 1.5 years ago for $750K. Now they are back to selling in the mid $450s. Everyone bought too many toys on their growing equity and now they are screwed.

As for the standup paddle boards -- they have been all the rage lately in Socal and Hawaii, but I guess with the economy taking a dump people won't be so willing to drop $1500 on a board. (plus $300 on a paddle). <rant on> When I was back in Cali in June there were a couple of goons out riding them at my old surf break -- they were quite annoying. Wave Hogs! They start farther out and start paddling, and snake everyone, while not knowing how to control those huge logs and almost spearing us a few times </rant off> I did see some videos on youtube of guys wakesurfing them, they would start paddling and then the boat would come by and they'd catch the wave. they are so big though, you can only just kind of stand there... would be fun maybe for some tandem tricks like standing your gal on your shoulders or something... :)

I actually moved to TX from Ladera Ranch... crazy!

It is one of those communities where people were buying anything they could get in on. One of my buddies bought a nice little home for $440K in one of the last phases... his neighbors were selling a 1.5 years ago for $750K. Now they are back to selling in the mid $450s. Everyone bought too many toys on their growing equity and now they are screwed.

As for the standup paddle boards -- they have been all the rage lately in Socal and Hawaii, but I guess with the economy taking a dump people won't be so willing to drop $1500 on a board. (plus $300 on a paddle). <rant on> When I was back in Cali in June there were a couple of goons out riding them at my old surf break -- they were quite annoying. Wave Hogs! They start farther out and start paddling, and snake everyone, while not knowing how to control those huge logs and almost spearing us a few times </rant off> I did see some videos on youtube of guys wakesurfing them, they would start paddling and then the boat would come by and they'd catch the wave. they are so big though, you can only just kind of stand there... would be fun maybe for some tandem tricks like standing your gal on your shoulders or something... :)

Nothing shouts "I'm a dufus" like being a wally on something made for gapers and posers.

Edit - I must add, I am all for having fun, and for the most part not too judgemental about what people want to do for fun. But... when you basically go out and interfere with other people while being clueless goon, well then it's open season.

Edited by TheBlackPearl
That dude is an IDIOT if he thinks someone would pay that kind of money to use it one month out of the year.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my tooth brush. One month a year $2....for life!

Did anyone else notice he was selling both June and July. June is buy it now for $15500 while July is 2k more.

And what if he sells the boat? Would you get your money back?

What a tool.

Edited by Bonz

Badmood.gif

"YES THIS IS A REAL DEAL I AM JUST A LOCAL RELATOR/HOMEOWNER"

He can't even spell Realtor correctly. I think J-Ro was absolutely correct with this clown.

One of my pet peeves is the pronunciation of Realtor. I'm not a fake tor, I'm a real tor.

relator!

Blowup.gifBash.gifFrustrated.gifRanting.gif:biteme: :biteme:

Not that I condone this or want to be a part of it........

But what is the difference in this guy selling his boat by the month & someone else buying a time share condo, or 4 weeks of a houseboat per year? Seems like if you could put the two together you'd have a helluva vacation setup.

..........but $17k for a month?? Ouch. Crazy.gif

I guts to get me one of them there swept forward towers. What a dork! I don,t think he knows to much about that boat. Notice he put 51-75 gallons under fuel capacity. What a tard Tease.gif

Well it is a prime month... so simply multiplying by 12 for the entire year wouldn't quite be fair... at least he factored that in. I mean who would want to pay $15k to have the boat the entire month of January?

I like the part about the fees. He wants to split the annual fees for insurance (no mention of cost) and "mateliance" ($500). So you only own the boat for 1/12 of a year but you get the privilege of paying 1/2 of insurance and 1/2 of maintenance. LOL! If he sells June also, he's got his insurance and maintenance covered for the year!

I like the part about the fees. He wants to split the annual fees for insurance (no mention of cost) and "mateliance" ($500). So you only own the boat for 1/12 of a year but you get the privilege of paying 1/2 of insurance and 1/2 of maintenance. LOL! If he sells June also, he's got his insurance and maintenance covered for the year!

Your assuming he pays for insurance for a whole year. Many boat policies only insure the boat during the season their used. And then your home owners insurance covers it during the months it's being stored.

I'm sure after the auction, he will be selling the month of August, the September, then etc... Like time sharing condos, 50 000$ for 2 weeks... that's the way you sell a 125000$ condo for 1 300 000$ . Same for the Boat I guess...

If some one is looking to spend in the $15,000 range, their is a nice 97 echelon for sale in the buy/sell section asking $17,500. To me that is the way to do it!!! You can then own it out right & that boat will do everything anyone will need IMHO. :)

..........but $17k for a month?? Ouch. Crazy.gif

it is 17k for every july, or just 1?

you really cannot tell from the several iterations of the posting.

Yea, I think your right. He's selling the same month every year. So people could buy a timeshare in a lakefront house/condo or houseboat for the same month, and have their vacation planned out for every year. The good part would be all the ownership hassles we deal with would be taken care of, ie; insurance, winter storage, oil changes, warranty issues, etc. It's really just a timeshare in a wakeboard boat.

Not really my cup of tea. But for the busy executive type who doesn't have the time or desire to deal with a real boat ownership, this might be a way for him to spend some quality time on a boat with his family. And then at the end of the month he walks away from it till next year.