Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Modification ideas!

dielawn

Bu' Crew!

Ive been trying to do some brain storming to come up with ideas regarding modifications for malibu boats! Does anyone have any ideas of modifications they wished existed or were better made for their boat ? I'm talking about something that needs to be fabricated from some type of medal... for example, custom WS420 mounts, custom mirror arms, wakeboard rack, ski rack, wake surf rack anything at all that would need to be fabricated out of some type of medal. Lets throw those ideas out. I may be able to make some of these ideas a reality! Let me know what everyone's been thinking out there!

I want to put a pair of tower mirrors on my Titan II. The problem I keep running up against is the brackets are either $289, not adjustable enough for the mirror to sit level when mounted on the Titan, or they stick out into the walkthru.

I have a swing/swivel wakeboard rack and a swing/swivel ski rack.

Will you make me a swing/swivel rack that will hold a ski on the upper forks and a wakeboard on the lower forks for my Titan II Clap.gif

Hey dielawn

I have a set of Dbot surf racks that need some modification.

I have the illusion and have them above the titan spinners, the problem is that when a board is in the top slot of the spinner it hits the lower part of the surf rack.

My question is can you trim off some of the aluminum from the surf rack and make it look good?

Is their a minimum cost involved to trim and repolished 2 ?

I'm not willing to give my idea yet! :blush:

I've got a simple proto-type and will share later. I might be able to fabricate and distribute for a very small profit to the crew it it works out.

Edited by Squag Mon
HAHA! My mistake im a jackass =) *******Metal*********

but i do have some of that olympic medals if you need it =)

Thumbup.gif Keep at it kid, you sound mettlesome.

I ski rack that will fit inside the boat behind the drivers seat.

Hhmmmmm. . .that sounds interesting. Or what about one that would go across the back, in place of the back seat. . .?

There was somebody on MBO that had a rack that fit into the inwale of the boat. Actually, the old Sportys had them too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one for you that i would pay A LOT of money for.... someone needs to come up with a part/joint that fits between the tow bar and the tower (on an Illusion XS tower) that would all for the tow bar to either fold down or quickly disconnect (via pulling a pin?) We keep our 23LSV in the garage but to get under the garage door i have to remove the tow bar.. it is a pain to pull out the allen wrench tool and unscrew then pull off the tow bar (then find a place to put it.) I would pay A LOT of money for a solution that would make is super easy to lower/remove the tow bar (preferably a solution in which the towbar is still connected, but is allowed to fold down before the windshield (well.. i don't need it to fold down that far.. but certainly lower than it is when the tower is foldeded forward/down.)

how about a machine that turns lake or river water into.....wait for it......wait for it........yes, beer, of course!! I'm also working on a "prototype" and I'll keep y'all informed of the release date!!!!!!!

nemire12,

The already have this "machine", it's called a fermentation vessel. It turns plain water into yummy beer.. just add malted barley, hops and yeast Whistling.gif

The problem is that in only handles a few gallons at a time on a homebrew level.

I have one for you that i would pay A LOT of money for.... someone needs to come up with a part/joint that fits between the tow bar and the tower (on an Illusion XS tower) that would all for the tow bar to either fold down or quickly disconnect (via pulling a pin?) We keep our 23LSV in the garage but to get under the garage door i have to remove the tow bar.. it is a pain to pull out the allen wrench tool and unscrew then pull off the tow bar (then find a place to put it.) I would pay A LOT of money for a solution that would make is super easy to lower/remove the tow bar (preferably a solution in which the towbar is still connected, but is allowed to fold down before the windshield (well.. i don't need it to fold down that far.. but certainly lower than it is when the tower is foldeded forward/down.)

I wonder if something like the "quick release" that they use on bicycles wheels (and some wakeboard bindings) would work for this. The screw that holds the tow bar would have to pass through the tower and the "compression" clip would would be visible on the front of the tower, but it would be a small price to pay for easy removal.

There is a lot of torque on that ball when someone is making a hard cut, i am not sure you would want to get away from the allen bolt securing the ball to the tower. How about getting an allen wrench that attaches to your 3/8" ratchet or speed wrench to make the job easier and quicker. Remove the ball while you are idling around waiting for the trailer.

If you insist on spending a lot of money, modify the entrance to your garage.

I'm not willing to give my idea yet! :blush:

I've got a simple proto-type and will share later. I might be able to fabricate and distribute for a very small profit to the crew it it works out.

Sounds cool. Keep us posted. I always love seeing people sharing their home designed ideas to help others. Thats cool.

How about a simple board rack that is sturdy that isn't just an overpriced peice of metal? For 250$ I would rather deal with lack of room in the boat and actually use the boat as opposed to paying money so some company can charge extra to put THEIR logo on a board rack, seriously.

How about a simple board rack that is sturdy that isn't just an overpriced peice of metal? For 250$ I would rather deal with lack of room in the boat and actually use the boat as opposed to paying money so some company can charge extra to put THEIR logo on a board rack, seriously.

I agree Ranting.gif Paying $250 for an advertising logo is wrong. Simple effective board racks would be great. especially since they could be made for a lot less than $250

I agree with the sentiments on the racks but I personally have a friend who owns one of the more local tower speaker and accessories companies. I say this because I know FIRST HAND that even at those prices there is not much margin.

I agree Ranting.gif Paying $250 for an advertising logo is wrong. Simple effective board racks would be great. especially since they could be made for a lot less than $250

how about $150 for a 1 piece billet aluminum rack... Check out the pictures on a illusion x tower

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1302

I toyed with this one for a while, the problem is not making the brackets or quick disconnects. The cost is in removing the tower to weld and then re-powder coat the damage from cutting, welding and drilling and tapping. I priced it out at about $1,400 for the whole job, it would be easier to get together with Malibu engineers, have them build these at the factory and just do an upgrade swap but whose got the time for that Whistling.gif