Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

swim platform

I have a 08 Malibu fiberglass swim platform with rubberized surface. What do you guys use to clean/protect that surface with? I was worried 303 would not be good (too slick?).

What ya'll think?

T

303 is just fine (It's "'SPF 40' for your stuff.").

The most important thing, though, is to keep it covered as much as possible. Direct

sunlight/UV degrades the surface mat. Some have, over time, had a problem with

tracking black stuff into their boats.

Fortunately, my boat cover covers the swim platform (three full summers and no problems

so far with mine). Others don't. They do make covers specifically for the swim platform

if yours doesn't. Or, one of those inexpensive blue tarps with some twine or bungee cords would

probably work, at least for the off-season.

I have a 08 Malibu fiberglass swim platform with rubberized surface. What do you guys use to clean/protect that surface with? I was worried 303 would not be good (too slick?).

What ya'll think?

T

303 is just fine (It's "'SPF 40' for your stuff.").

The most important thing, though, is to keep it covered as much as possible. Direct

Fortunately, my boat cover covers the swim platform (three full summers and no problems

so far with mine). Others don't. They do make covers specifically for the swim platform

if yours doesn't. Or, one of those inexpensive blue tarps with some twine or bungee cords would

probably work, at least for the off-season.

Okay, I'll use the 303. I store mine in a barn on my property so shouldn't have to worry about the cover too much.

I was wondering how they hold up to usage. I like teak but I have small kids and the rubber backing will be good for them plus the fiberglass looks pretty good with the matching color and it was already on the boat. I guess if it ever gets too worn you could replace the rubber backing???

Thanks.

T

~~~

~~~

srab is correct, keeping it out of the sun helps dramatically. We have a 2007 with the fiberglass / rubber platform. We got the boat in the fall of 2007 and had it in an uncovered slip for a couple of weekends. Feet were always getting the black stuff on them from the platform. We had the same problem early this season, but kept it on a covered lift and after the first week, no more black stuff.