Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board Rack Maintenance

Blindside_137

We have the titan spinners and they've gotten pretty crummy looking this year. They really seemed to enjoy getting and retaining waterspots. Is there anything you guys use to keep your racks looking shiny? I did a search but nothing came up.

I've read in other topics though that some people use a mix of vinegar water and windex or something similar for removing spots off the gelcoat. Would that be the same case here? I'd like to get them nice and clean and then remove them for the winter since the boat will be stored at the boat house and subject to constant fluxuations in temperatures above and below freezing.

And also, in one of the fork tips, the black rubber is falling down a bit, I was wondering if some shoe goo might be able to do the trick?

Thanks

Yes, some vinegar followed by a good coat of wax should do the trick. If not, a mild polishing compound should work, again followed by wax. You can use a glue of your preference to take care of the rubber inserts, I think that we used a silicone glue which is similar to shoe goo.

alright thanks a lot!

And is it ok to remove them for the winter? It seems like they are only mounted by a large allen screw. I'm wondering about the holes left behind for spiders and such to get inside the tower and do some electrical damage... Where could I find some of the plugs like the ones used in the other parts of the tower where some unnecessary holes are?

Thanks

alright thanks a lot!

And is it ok to remove them for the winter? It seems like they are only mounted by a large allen screw. I'm wondering about the holes left behind for spiders and such to get inside the tower and do some electrical damage... Where could I find some of the plugs like the ones used in the other parts of the tower where some unnecessary holes are?

Thanks

Check Home Depot or Lowes for these (hardware dept), there just grommets. Your local dealer should have several laying around as well.

alright thanks a lot!

Thanks

Actually, those allen bolts run completely through solid aluminum. Once you remove them, there is

no access to the tower core via those holes.