Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which wakeboard rack is the best?

Sunscape fan

I just got a swivel wakeboard rack made by metcraft for my Illusion X tower. Are these good racks? I never seem to read about anyone mentioning them. It seems to me that most go with Nice racks or some other manufacturer. Should I return it or keep it?

Thanks guys

I just got a swivel wakeboard rack made by metcraft for my Illusion X tower. Are these good racks? I never seem to read about anyone mentioning them. It seems to me that most go with Nice racks or some other manufacturer. Should I return it or keep it?

Thanks guys

You may want to take a look at the Titan Products. I just had a pair (Titan DLX Spinner Combo Wake / Surf Rack) ordered for our 08 Wakesetter and they look and preform excellent. Additionally, I believe they are cobranded with the Malibu name if thats important to you.

The cool thing about these paticular racks is they offer either combo (holds a wakeboard and surfboard in one rack) or wakeboard only. The forks are also dipped in a black rubber coating to protect your gear and they look great.

Check with your dealership if you would like to see them in person V.S. a picture.

JM

Thanks guys

Early models of the Metcraft swivels were poorly received. Seems there were quite a few problems.

Maybe they've got them sorted out now.

The Titan swivels are the gold standard. They look awesome and perform, I'm told, as advertised.

If my boat didn't live at a marina 24/7/365, the Titan swivels are what I'd own.

Thanks guys

Early models of the Metcraft swivels were poorly received. Seems there were quite a few problems.

Maybe they've got them sorted out now.

The Titan swivels are the gold standard. They look awesome and perform, I'm told, as advertised.

If my boat didn't live at a marina 24/7/365, the Titan swivels are what I'd own.

Srab,

Are you worried they will get stolen???????????? Pretty hard to get off.

i have been looking at the swivel racks also also for a new illusion tower. i would like to have the titans,,,but i need the "lift-off" option for garage clearance and i dont believe titan has that option yet. i have seen it on a set of met-craft swivels.

i have been looking at the swivel racks also also for a new illusion tower. i would like to have the titans,,,but i need the "lift-off" option for garage clearance and i dont believe titan has that option yet. i have seen it on a set of met-craft swivels.

Yes, the rack I purchased has a pin that you can pull allowing you to remove the body of the rack and leave the mounting plate on the tower. Overall, I like the look of the metcraft rack, I was just wondering if there was a reason guys were going with Titan racks. Is it mostly a cost issue? Are the metcraft racks more money?

Srab,

Yep, they might get stolen.

Allen wrench. One bolt (at least on the Illusion tower) per side. How hard could it be?

I went with the lift offs instead. That way, I can take 'em with me and store them with

my boards 'n stuff. No worries.

Srab,

Yep, they might get stolen.

Allen wrench. One bolt (at least on the Illusion tower) per side. How hard could it be?

I went with the lift offs instead. That way, I can take 'em with me and store them with

my boards 'n stuff. No worries.

Wow that sucks if your worried about someone ripping off your racks! Do you really think someone who owns a bu would rip off a bu owners rack? NO :)

Wow that sucks if your worried about someone ripping off your racks! Do you really think someone who owns a bu would rip off a bu owners rack? NO :)

No, surely no BU owner would steal my racks. Whistling.gif

But, at $1300 a pair retail, any little boat cruising through the marina could leave with my racks inside of 5 minutes

and probably have 'em listed on ebay/craigslist within an hour.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that somebody's really not out to get you. Biggrin.gif