Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing seat backs in bow section

Air Force 1

I am trying to remove the seat backs in the bow section of my boat so I can send off for new skins. 94 Euro F3. On the side seats I found 2 screws on the bottom of the seat backing and two 7/16 nuts on the back where I can barely reach I removed them and the seat back still won't come loose. Are there any other screas or nuts/bolts attached that I can't see or reach? I have run my arm as far as I can behind the seat and can't feel anything else????

Thanks in advance

AF1

I am trying to remove the seat backs in the bow section of my boat so I can send off for new skins. 94 Euro F3. On the side seats I found 2 screws on the bottom of the seat backing and two 7/16 nuts on the back where I can barely reach I removed them and the seat back still won't come loose. Are there any other screas or nuts/bolts attached that I can't see or reach? I have run my arm as far as I can behind the seat and can't feel anything else????

Thanks in advance

AF1

Man! I have got every other piece of vynil out of the boat except the bow section backing pieces. The sides are the ones killing me! Anyone? There has to be a nut I can't reach somewhere.....

AF1

Thanks in advance

AF1

Not familiar with your year, but there were several bolts through the back of the bow seats on the older ones. I said screw it and zipped through those bolts in mine with a sawzall to get them out. You can then use the more modern approach / style fasteners when you put them back.