Sign in to follow this  
gooddog

Malibu topics count on WSR

gooddog

Well starting out at least, Malibu has to like the spread on topic/replies count.

Malibu boats have 3,101 topics with 45,970 replies and the next closest is Tige' with 5 topics and 0 replies.

Nice head start...

stewart

That really is pretty funny, Huh?

Slider

I certainly hope that doesn't stop other brand boat owners from signing up over there because that would make the change over pointless. Cry.gif

Joe

BillFooter

A total of 20 topics with 16 replies from all 11 of the other manufacturers. Really burnin' it up over there aren't they.

Bill

SacRiverRat

How are the other boat owners finding out about the site - I can imagine it will take a while before they get critical mass, and people go there, becuase there are people/content there of interest to them

Like Joe mentioned, I hope it works, otherwise it will seem like a needless thrash - plus it would be interesting to have a 1 stop shop to see what is going on w/ the other boats

stewart
How are the other boat owners finding out about the site - I can imagine it will take a while before they get critical mass, and people go there, becuase there are people/content there of interest to them

Like Joe mentioned, I hope it works, otherwise it will seem like a needless thrash - plus it would be interesting to have a 1 stop shop to see what is going on w/ the other boats

They did run a big ad in Wakeboarder magazine. I'm just curious when they will start showing a link at wakeside.

Wkerat

I am sure it will be soon. If you look at the other manufacturer posts most of it is news and not real post either. The site is pretty much mbo with a few seperate manufacturer forums. Wakeboarder thought about the seperate forums and was shot down, so they may be one reason you don't see a ton of action, especially since tmc and planet nautique are still going strong.

Guest J-Ro

That ad in the mag was lame at best. You had to look very carefully to find out what it was even trying to promote.

whiteVLX

Anyone keeping tabs on how the Malibu post count is going now versus before the conversion to WSR? I'm just wondering how much its slowed down over there?

NorCaliBu
Anyone keeping tabs on how the Malibu post count is going now versus before the conversion to WSR? I'm just wondering how much its slowed down over there?

Hmmm, I guess I posted this info in a different thread...at 10:30 last night I went on WSR and the most recent post had been made at 9:10. 1 Hr 20 Min with no posts at all.

WakeGirl

One thing in my reading about launching sites is that it takes patience & time to grow forums. We've been incredibly lucky with this, the timing, everything. Sites don't grow with this kind of rate this fast, ever. Just because things are slow over there doesn't mean that it doesn't have a chance. They've got time & they've also still got some issues to work out, so don't count them out of the game.

I for one am rooting that they make it.

SmoothWaterMan

Anyone post over there that all the diehard MBO fans came here?

:lol:

Jimmy Buffett

Seems like they'd re-start that counter at zero and give everybody a clean fresh start.

jcbatt

Formerly Rickstd, I see your boat is now the featured boat on WSR. Congrats!

gooddog
Seems like they'd re-start that counter at zero and give everybody a clean fresh start.

The Malibu forum posts ARE the value of MBO and WSR's interest in the aquisition. If not for all those posts (the information database etc.) what would be the point?

It is interesting to witness this whole picture of transition though. It is educational!

88Skier

It's very interesting. Gooddog, did BradB make it over here?

Jimmy Buffett

I meant they could restart the counter number so the numbers looked more even...that way other boatowners wouldn't think it was a Malibu-only site, that's all...if I didn't own a 'bu I wouldn't feel like part of the group looking at the lopsided numbers like that.

I checked but didn't see my ride featured on WSR. Wakeside1 is still on the front page and the Rides page has 5 randoms that change. Was it somewhere else?

EDIT: Now I see it. Thanks!

The Malibu forum posts ARE the value of MBO and WSR's interest in the aquisition. If not for all those posts (the information database etc.) what would be the point?

It is interesting to witness this whole picture of transition though. It is educational!

Edited by Jimmy Buffett

gooddog
It's very interesting.  Gooddog, did BradB make it over here?

Yep...Now it is Brad B though. There was another Brad B on MBO so Brad B's was BradB on MBO. Right Brad?