Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need some help with power wedge and swivel racks

VlX32

like it says i may be stuck buying a 06 vlx with 150 hours for 40k, but its doesnt come with swivel racks and has the manual wedge but i want power wedge, how much do you think these things will be?

There is nothing that should dissapoint you about the manual wedge. Look at it this way you'll be trouble free of the electrical and hydraulic issues with the power wedge, also most people don't use the wedge for boarding. I use mine for wakesurfing only and then it's all the way down.

At $40k you got a good deal and I wouldn't be dissapointed about anything.

Forget the PW w/ this boat, it won't happen. I can tell you that the manual wedge does a great job, but the floating wedge is a better option and the boat can be retrofitted with it. Get either Titan or Nice racks and you'll be set. Agreed 40k is a great price hopefully the boat has front ballast, if not plan on getting a ballast bag as this is perhaps the most important of all ballast.

Forget the PW w/ this boat, it won't happen. I can tell you that the manual wedge does a great job, but the floating wedge is a better option and the boat can be retrofitted with it. Get either Titan or Nice racks and you'll be set. Agreed 40k is a great price hopefully the boat has front ballast, if not plan on getting a ballast bag as this is perhaps the most important of all ballast.

I agree with Malibudude, I went with the Nice Racks and love them! Plus1.gif

I just got my malibu this past summer and it has the power wedge. Everytime one of my friends was wakeboarding I used the wedge. Radioman, why do you say that no one uses the wedge when they are wakeboarding. Does it create an undesirable wake?

The manual wedge will do just fine. I use the wedge when wakesurfing and every now and then when wakeboarding. I opted to go with the older manual wedge on my VRide versus the floating wedge.

Plus1.gif on Titan or Nice racks. I prefer Titan though.

Edited by T-Squared
FWIW, the Titan swivels, with DL-X wakeboard racks, run a little over $1300 for a pair.

WOW!!! Crazy.gif

I'd have to sell something to buy that stuff!

Hey Srintx, Mike called asking where you been. I think he wants to meet up for a quicky!

AF1 Whistling.gif