Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY for winterizing

Is there A DIY on how to Winterize my boat 04 VLX!!

Ive seen a couple checklists on the site but really havent seen any DIY with actual pictures and instructions of how to do anything!!

Ive searched a couple other forums as well and all i get is checklists. Im a visual learner and could really use some pics of how and what hoses to remove etc..

Im reading to drain the block u have to remove plugs?? What plugs and where the at on the block??

Any help would be appreciated!

Click the hyperlink in my signature. It's an older doc. concerning an older boat but, the jist is the same and there's lots of pics.

Thanks Man much appreciated!!! My local boat shops want as much as 275$ the lowest quote i got was 235$...LIke WOW!!

That's a good article, although a few things were left out if you live in a cold climate. Where are you located? Do you have a heater?

I live in California, Antelope Valley it gets at the lowest like 25 deg and its only at night! Still enough to freeze water though!!

YEs i have a heater on the boat and have read in my boat owners manual how to drain and winterize it so I think IM ok im going to get at tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of questions!!

IMPELLER??? WOW what a PITA.. that dam silencer is in the way!! Has anyone removed the silencer and ran the boat without it??

Im thinking its killing the motor performance wise?? I mod all my cars/trucks and think the BU is NEXT!!

HEATER: how the hell do u winterize the heater?? I couldnt find anything anything the manual was talking about cause the heater is under the drivers dash?? I dont see any hoses under the engine going up there??

• 2 months later...