Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED WAKE EMBLEM UPGRADE

Bake's Marine

I have a feeling this LED thing could be addicting

Please let me know when the classes start, but I'm not sure I'm curable. Dontknow.gif

I'll need to take some pics for the crew, but I put 2 white, down firing in the boat cooler this weekend. Another in the glove box too. All from Bakes and will be ordering additional reds ones for the Wakesetter emblem shown here.

So...... at what qty of these lights do our addictive personalities blow the factory interior light circuit? Blowup.gif I count 16 lights on my boat so far with plans for at least 4-6 more. (Wakesetter emblem and air vents in the back.) Don't need my addiction to smoke the electrical on the boat!!!!

I did some research for you and added the info to our parts side too.

Red Led's Draw .045 Amps

White Led's Dram .054 Amps

16 Interior Lights = .864 Amps, almost a full Amp for all your interior lights (that's awesome! You've got to love LED Lights) Don't forget if you have under water lights Malibu ties them into your interior light circuit and those draw 1 amp each (one light/housing set up, not each LED)

09' Interior Lights are Protected up to 7.5 Amps (dash and navigation lights are fused separate)

Older boats - 10-15 Amps (for reference only) verify by checking the breaker size on the breaker panel (make sure other accessories such as navigation are not tied into that circuit.

So to answer your question, you should have a long way to go before you top off that circuit.

-Paul

I have a feeling this LED thing could be addicting

Please let me know when the classes start, but I'm not sure I'm curable. Dontknow.gif

I'll need to take some pics for the crew, but I put 2 white, down firing in the boat cooler this weekend. Another in the glove box too. All from Bakes and will be ordering additional reds ones for the Wakesetter emblem shown here.

So...... at what qty of these lights do our addictive personalities blow the factory interior light circuit? Blowup.gif I count 16 lights on my boat so far with plans for at least 4-6 more. (Wakesetter emblem and air vents in the back.) Don't need my addiction to smoke the electrical on the boat!!!!

I did some research for you and added the info to our parts side too.

Red Led's Draw .045 Amps

White Led's Dram .054 Amps

16 Interior Lights = .864 Amps, almost a full Amp for all your interior lights (that's awesome! You've got to love LED Lights) Don't forget if you have under water lights Malibu ties them into your interior light circuit and those draw 1 amp each (one light/housing set up, not each LED)

09' Interior Lights are Protected up to 7.5 Amps (dash and navigation lights are fused separate)

Older boats - 10-15 Amps (for reference only) verify by checking the breaker size on the breaker panel (make sure other accessories such as navigation are not tied into that circuit.

So to answer your question, you should have a long way to go before you top off that circuit.

-Paul

You're the MAN. That's why I keep spending money on your site................................

P.S. I was wondering if the underwater lights were tied into the interior circuit or if they had there own circuit. I'm out of switch slots on the dash so I was having trouble figuring out what I was going to do for underwater lighting. Clap.gif

Edited by Colorado Boat'n

Glad to help out!

Malibu ties them into the interior light circuit, You can tie them into the interior light circuit if the circuit has enough room. Some people like to have them on a separate switch but there is no big issue with tying them into the interior light circuit. If your going to tie it into something it makes the most sense to use the interior lights in my opinion.

let me know if you have any other questions or need any more help getting the job done!

-Paul

Added some LEDs to the wakesetter emblem. Thanks Bakes for posting about this very simple addition.... It looks great.

Now if someone will post up how to put some into the rear vents...... Im hooked.

• 3 weeks later...
Added some LEDs to the wakesetter emblem. Thanks Bakes for posting about this very simple addition.... It looks great.

Now if someone will post up how to put some into the rear vents...... Im hooked.

where can you get them???? i have a 07 247 lsv and they would be sweet with the rest of my light

I got them from Bakes...... http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=864

They were back-ordered when I ordered them, but called and informed me of the situation and then got them out to me very quick after that.

Is there a place that you can buy the wakesetter emblem?

Bakes marine dot com. if you dont see it there call paul he can help you.

They were back-ordered when I ordered them, but called and informed me of the situation and then got them out to me very quick after that.

Bakes marine dot com. if you dont see it there call paul he can help you.

thanks for all the help

Bakes marine dot com. if you don't see it there call Paul he can help you.

thanks for all the help

Casey,

We don't have those emblems up on the site (yet Biggrin.gif ) but they should be up soon. There are a few different sizes (they get larger as the boats get larger) so i will try to dig up some details and pricing for you.

Thanks!

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Has any one tried the oznium pre-wired superflux 4-chip LED in the malibu emblem yet? I would think that one or two of the red ones in the emblem would really light it up.