Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Siz for 08 Wakesetter LSV 23ft w/ 340 Monsoon

Smitty32

Need help added an extra 1000 lbs. of ballast in back an struggle getting on plain with more than 5 people in the boat. I am looking at an ACME 1235 or an OJ 475.

I am leaning towards the 1235 because I can get a good deal locally on one.

Help!!!!!

The Acme 1235 or the OJ 468 would be what I'd recommend, the 1235 if you load the crap out of the boat otherwise the 468 will preform a bit better. You might hit the rev limiter w/ the 1235 fyi.

I added the 1235 and made a huge difference with the boat loaded with people and gear. I have not hit the rev limiter yet but I dont go hellin from one end of the lake to the other either, Ill leave that for the cig boats.

• 2 weeks later...
what top speed are you guys getting with the 1235.. i want to be able to do 36 or so for the occasional slalom

Here's another prop question.

We've got am 08 LSV with the hammerhead (400HP). We generally ride wedge all the way down or around 50% up, ballast at least 1/2 full, around 5-8 peeps in the boat, but also want something that we can cruise around the lake in. What'd be a good prop for this situation?

what top speed are you guys getting with the 1235.. i want to be able to do 36 or so for the occasional slalom

If memory serves top speed was 43 but dont quote me.. rarely go there.