Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center tanks takes forever to fill!!!

The Limo (247LSV)

Hey guys,

Everytime I fill the tanks in my 07 wakesetter the front and side tanks fill with in a couple minutes... The center tank seems to take 3 times as long. This isnt really a problem but when i want a quick run it never gets filled. I was looking on the shurflo website and they make a 1100 gph pirahna pump which is the same as the 800 gph model that is used currently with the exception of a larger outlet port. (1 and 1/8 compared to 3/4). My question is if i were to install that pump would i fill the tanks faster?

Thanks!

no, I tried it myself on two differant boats an 05 vlx and a 08 lsv. The fill times on a stop watch came out 1min 10 seconds slower with the bigger pump go figger.

I had a similar issue when I first got my boat, but it was the drain (not the fill) on the tank. Tank filled fine and took forever to drain.

I took the boat to the dealer and the re-routed the drain line. I never found out if it was kinked, or what the problem was, but it empties fine now.

Have you checked the tube from the pump to the tank? I would also check to make sure that the pump isn't clogged with some junk. If it's the same pump, it should fill just as fast as the other tanks.

I had that problem with the rear tanks. Turns out when they ran the fill hose from the pump to the tank, they made a big loope. At the peak of the loope the hose was kinked nearly shut!! I dont know why they would have done this but after making it a straight shot to the tank it fills more then twice as fast!! I may have some pics of it, i will look later.

I had a similar issue when I first got my boat, but it was the drain (not the fill) on the tank. Tank filled fine and took forever to drain.

I took the boat to the dealer and the re-routed the drain line. I never found out if it was kinked, or what the problem was, but it empties fine now.

Have you checked the tube from the pump to the tank? I would also check to make sure that the pump isn't clogged with some junk. If it's the same pump, it should fill just as fast as the other tanks.

The center tank is twice the size of the rear tanks. It should take longer to fill.

Hey guys,

Everytime I fill the tanks in my 07 wakesetter the front and side tanks fill with in a couple minutes... The center tank seems to take 3 times as long. This isnt really a problem but when i want a quick run it never gets filled. I was looking on the shurflo website and they make a 1100 gph pirahna pump which is the same as the 800 gph model that is used currently with the exception of a larger outlet port. (1 and 1/8 compared to 3/4). My question is if i were to install that pump would i fill the tanks faster?

Thanks!

Problem with that is it can only take in so much water, all you will do by going from small to large is decrease the pressure in the line. If you made the hole in the boat larger, and the pump larger, and the hose to the tank, and the hole in the tank larger then it would work. But for the size of the tank, going from a 800gph to a 1200 gph with all the right size hoses and stuff, would only make it fill 1 min faster. Doesnt seem worth it.

I had that problem with the rear tanks. Turns out when they ran the fill hose from the pump to the tank, they made a big loope. At the peak of the loope the hose was kinked nearly shut!! I dont know why they would have done this but after making it a straight shot to the tank it fills more then twice as fast!! I may have some pics of it, i will look later.

if the big loop you are talking about takes the hose to the highest point available, then i think they do that so the tanks do not fill on their own while the boat is underway (water pressure on the thru hull pushing water into the tank).

if the big loop you are talking about takes the hose to the highest point available, then i think they do that so the tanks do not fill on their own while the boat is underway (water pressure on the thru hull pushing water into the tank).

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear. I know it needs the hieght above the water line but they went up and back down the same way. The hose was zip tied to its self there was no way not to kink the hose the way they had it. All i did was cut the zip ties and reroute the hose for a better shot at the tank without the kink.

Before i fixed this it would take as long for the rear tanks to fill as the center tank. I was planning on changing the pumps, thinking they were wore out when i saw the kinks, the port side was much worse then the other.

Edited by txwakejunkie

The center tank is twice the size of the rear tanks. It should take longer to fill.

Didn't realize it was bigger, but probably should have said the fill rate should be the same as the other tanks anyway...

Didn't realize it was bigger, but probably should have said the fill rate should be the same as the other tanks anyway...

I wasn't flaming, just a gentle jab in the ribs on a wednesday morning. Whistling.gif I kind of wondered if the I-ride setup was the same or not.

I wasn't flaming, just a gentle jab in the ribs on a wednesday morning. Whistling.gif I kind of wondered if the I-ride setup was the same or not.

No worries, not taken as a flame. The iRide only has a center tank, nothing in the back at all, which is why I didn't know they were different sizes.