Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do yall do in the off season?

Calexan

I envy you people that have an actual season switch. We see snow in Ark maybe twice a year and its not enough to matter. There is supposedly a lake up in Northwestern Arkansas that is used to cool some generators or turbines or something and is said to remain around 80-85 degrees year round. It would be like a 4 hour drive, but might be worth it....

I wish I had the luxury to snowmobile, or snowboard all the time. Then I wouldnt have this problem with boredom.

I have access to a lake which i used to cool a nuclear plant. The lake only cools to about 70 during the winter, too bad it is four hours away.

We end up trying to roll right from wakeboarding into snowboarding, but sometimes it doesn't work quite that easily. Late October, early November and April aren't the best for either. Last year we joined the local rock climbing gym and killed time that way. It's fun, keeps you in shape, and is balance oriented. It will definitely test you physically and mentally. It's fairly cheap (you could buy all your gear, a lesson, and a month or two membership for less than a boat payment). Most gyms offer beginner courses. It was super addicting! Maybe give that a shot?!? Oh yeah, and be prepared to swallow your pride and watch the gals show you how it's done!

I have access to a lake which i used to cool a nuclear plant.

Does that mean it's your lake or your nuclear plant? Thumbup.gif

Either way, get one closer to home next time, would ya!

I wish my friend that I owned either the lake or plant.

Skyskier is good for doing one of those "fly in" thingys at LKA. dern foilers

I wish my friend that I owned either the lake or plant.

Skyskier is good for doing one of those "fly in" thingys at LKA. dern foilers

Hehe, now I know what those fishermen feel like when they do things to piss us off all the time. ;)

Heres a suggestion: One year we hired a gymnastics coach to train a bunch of us on the trampoline. They had one of those huge, professional level, rectangular trampolines with the bungie harness overhead, plus the big foam pit. It was a lot of fun & great for teaching us all about how to flip, spin, develop air sense, initiating a flip, slow one down, speed it up, etc.

The class lasted like 8 weeks. I think every one of us who took the class has multiple inverts now days.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Last time I had the boat out the locals were having a bass tournament. :unsure: It took a while for people, in the boat, to understand that I was zig-zaggin around the fishermen and trying to give them some room.

The boat smell is very calming. :)

haha Plus1.gif we are an obsessed bunch. playing with skis and measuring fins (even though you know exactly where its at). Bindings are good to have around. detergent and rubber. mmm :blush::lol:

i try and do some :skiing:

Hockey, snow ski, snowmobile, and sunset xc skis down the lake to where our ski course is. Also teaching the 3 year old skating, skiing etc... lots of fun. Oh ya, a few beers around the fire watching hockey night in canada every saturday night.

Snow ski / snowboard, mountain biking, basketball. Played hookie yesterday and went for a waterski, lake was glass and sunny, probably 60 degrees or close. Will keep the boat ready to go through the winter since we have zero snow in the mountains, may not be a great season if things don't fire up (cool down) soon.

Sand Dunes and Glamis for us here in southern AZ. We have long travel v8 sandcars, dirtbikes, rhino's. Just as fun as the lake, then there is snowboarding. Been doing that since 1987. Can't wait to shred some powder!!!! And a good flow of mountain biking and the motocross track to try and keep up the skills. Winter rocks here is AZ!!

Whatever it takes.......

070512039_0001.jpg

NICE!!!! glad to see another fellow "snow quader' " check out some snow quadin videos i made after last winter...

I spend my winter, 4 wheelin & hunting... I love it that we have all the seasons here in Washington!

Edited by Bakes Board & Ski