Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do yall do in the off season?

Calexan

So I guess ive really been bitten by the Malibu bug hard. Ive got a pretty little boat just wanting to go out and its all I think about. Ive never done cold water boarding and it would be pretty hard to find a second and a third that would even contemplate the idea. (Maybe I need new friends) So what do yall do besides boating to keep your mind occupied off of it. I basically sit in class and just constantly check this site and a couple other ones. All I really want to do is find some warm water and board, but the boat is winterized so it gets to sit around till Spring.

I think a need a hobby or something. Any ideas on how I can take my mind off my Bu? I think Im obsessed.

My only real other hobby is Snowboarding which I dont get to go do that till after finals and the new year so I'm going stir crazy I think.

When the days get shorter I find it best to just go to bed earlier :lol:

I really don't care for the late fall and early spring in Oregon. It's too cold to boat (or find people to boat with) but it's not cold enough to go snow skiing and it just rains all the time. I find it best to tackle weekend projects that get neglected during other times of the year. Last weekend I attempted to quite the road noise on my car. I pulled out all of the interior, sprayed rubberized under coating, filled in some panels with foam, etc...It didn't do a whole lot, but if gave me something to do while the wife was out of town. Crazy.gif

I am hoping that my work will bring back OT cause when the weather sucks outside I don't mind being inside working. This is also a good time of year to get into shape for upcoming sporting seasons. I have started running 3-4 days a week to get my legs in shape for skiing. I really need to add in some lifting but starting that out is never fun at first so I am delaying as long as I can Lazy.gif I am just a few weeks away from getting a new gun, so I will probably be spending a lot of weekends on my friends farm out shooting. Basically keep busy until ski season and then after that it's boating time again Thumbup.gif

Break out the drysuits!!! We are trying to not miss a month this year. I might work on my post count this year or some snowboarding.

We haven't stopped yet!!! We started skiing in early April.....we have the same goal. I actually want to go out once when it's snowing and tell everyone I went snow skiing Clap.gif

Just got back from ridding dirt bikes with some friends,my track could use a little more rain.

As soon as the snow comes, I'll do a little snowboarding. I've been slacking at the gym the last few weeks,I need to get back in there at least 3-4 times a week, My belly is getting flabby Yuk.gif

Bad ending of the season for me, suffered from a lower back sprain that has been hanging around for the last month in a half. We may take this year just to rest, get some real gym time in to make up for the lack of lost time during the summer and watch movies on the weekends. Started a new job that may occupy some sat. work days that I won't mind doing, but I can see some weekend getaways up to the mountains for some snow skiing when I get tired of the same routine. Not much more to do when it's raining and cold outside unless you like riding dirt bikes or four wheeling but those times are over for me, I will take advantage of the sunny days to do some street riding if there isn't any water on the roads Thumbup.gif

This is when I start backpacking in the Smoky Mountains. When I head for the woods I'm usually in for a few days at a time. A couple of years ago my eldest son and I spent four days backpacking in the bottom of the Grand Canyon. WOW, what a trip!

My newest pat time is Frisbee Golf. It's a lot of fun cost costs next to nothing.

Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, Indoor Skateboarding, Hit up the slider on the ranch we have indoors with a winch. Other than that I sit around eating and putting on my winter coat.

Work full time, do more computer consulting on the side than in the summer, shovel a lot of snow, eat lots of carbs and sleep a lot. Call me the "King of Excitement". Borderline hibernate. :blush:

I do some x-county skiing on the lake and in the woods around the lake.

Every year I say I'm going to take up snow skiing (or try snowboarding) as I used to be an avid snow skiier.

Edited by MalibuNation

I exercise frequently to stay in shape for the summer. I also try to work extra to pay for gas for the boat. I definitely hear you about the boating fever, the long winter months with shorter daylight hours are killer, I can't wait till spring. I usually go to the St. Louis boat show in February. I check this website often and watch all the videos at barefootcentral.com, and I often watch them more than once.

By the way, that is a sweet looking boat you have, black looks beautiful when it is clean. I guess I am partial since my hull is mostly black and both of my vehicles are black.

Hockey and hanging out with the kids. Usually more "honey-do" stuff gets done because of the extra time we have.

Plus1.gif Couldn't have said it better. Almost time to build the rink in the front yard... Clap.gif

We mt bike more than we do in the summer time and snow ski during the winter. Though as long as we can keep winter at bay, 75 degrees forecasted for this weekend, guess where we'll be... :)

75...sure rub it in. Been 50's during the day and 40's at night ask spinxt he'll tell ya.

Luckily we still get to hit the water in the "off-season" Gotta love AZ!!!! Other than that, play a lot of golf, watchin football, getting the Bu ready for next season (upgrades, cleaning, maintenance, etc...) hunting!!!! Going to be hittin up some dirt late model racing the next few weekends as that season is not over here yet either!!!!!

I envy you people that have an actual season switch. We see snow in Ark maybe twice a year and its not enough to matter. There is supposedly a lake up in Northwestern Arkansas that is used to cool some generators or turbines or something and is said to remain around 80-85 degrees year round. It would be like a 4 hour drive, but might be worth it....

I wish I had the luxury to snowmobile, or snowboard all the time. Then I wouldnt have this problem with boredom.

I envy you people that have an actual season switch. We see snow in Ark maybe twice a year and its not enough to matter. There is supposedly a lake up in Northwestern Arkansas that is used to cool some generators or turbines or something and is said to remain around 80-85 degrees year round. It would be like a 4 hour drive, but might be worth it....

I wish I had the luxury to snowmobile, or snowboard all the time. Then I wouldnt have this problem with boredom.

Spend a month up north and I'll bet that'll cure ya....