Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Injectors Needed

malibu_dan

Okay, I spent a good hour+ searching the forum before coming to the gurus.

I have a '97 Response w/Monsoon that sat for too long and gummed up the fuel lines, whacked the pump, ect. I've had pumps, filters, ect. all replaced and the boat would idle perfect, but wouldn't run above 30 mph and was missing horribly. I pulled all the fuel injectors and sent them in to be professionally backflushed, reconditioned and flow tested. A couple of the injectors are defunct electronically; all flow fine on a test stand, but the problem guys are DOA for electronic response.

SO... I need to replace some fuel injectors. I live 20 miles from Indmar in TN, but they want $225 a piece for what is basically a $50-65 GM fuel injector. Does anyone have the P/N's and/or cross reference numbers for '97 monsoon injectors? Also, does anyone know the specs of the injectors?

Edited by malibu_dan
Okay, I spent a good hour+ searching the forum before coming to the gurus.

I have a '97 Response w/Monsoon that sat for too long and gummed up the fuel lines, whacked the pump, ect. I've had pumps, filters, ect. all replaced and the boat would idle perfect, but wouldn't run above 30 mph and was missing horribly. I pulled all the fuel injectors and sent them in to be professionally backflushed, reconditioned and flow tested. A couple of the injectors are defunct electronically; all flow fine on a test stand, but the problem guys are DOA for electronic response.

SO... I need to replace some fuel injectors. I live 20 miles from Indmar in TN, but they want $225 a piece for what is basically a $50-65 GM fuel injector. Does anyone have the P/N's and/or cross reference numbers for '97 monsoon injectors? Also, does anyone know the specs of the injectors?

I'd take them to a local Napa and see what they can match up for you.

Did you try skidim?

Skidim only has one injector on the whole site for a PCM GT40, not a monsoon.

I'll try Napa--the funny part is that the injector housing looks EXACTLY the same as the injectors on my '96 Chevy Corvette w/LT-4 motor. Not sure if the flow, duration, etc is rated the same however. Anyone have more detail?

They are off the shelf Rochester injectors you can get at any auto parts store. They should be color coded according to flow rates (lbs/hr).

• 10 years later...

Malibu_dan.... I know it's been years, but I have the exact same problem.  What did you end up doing and how did it work?  I have a 2003 Malibu Response LXI with the Indmar monsoon 335 engine.  I got some part numbers and cross referenced at O'reilly, but they didn't fit correctly.  I thought about trying NAPA but don't want them to order and not fit again.

• 6 months later...
On 9/17/2019 at 12:10 PM, BCajun said:

Malibu_dan.... I know it's been years, but I have the exact same problem.  What did you end up doing and how did it work?  I have a 2003 Malibu Response LXI with the Indmar monsoon 335 engine.  I got some part numbers and cross referenced at O'reilly, but they didn't fit correctly.  I thought about trying NAPA but don't want them to order and not fit again.

Have you considered having the old fuel injectors rebuilt?     I had mine tested, rebuilt and tested.  It took less than a week and was a more reasonable expense compared to new ones.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, BCajun said:

BCajun - do you recall what the replacement injector was for your boat?  Have 2002 LX w/Monsoon. Need to find out if they are 24lbs or 19lbs injectors.... Thanks!

Edited by Gary Pelletier