Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

window sticker

joey_durgin

i found this to be really interesting. i was surfing the internet to find the original prop size for my boat when i came across this site malibu marine

i have never bought new, but i never realized all the options cost so much. when you add up the options, they cost half as much as the boat does. i think some of the members on here looking for boats was wanting to see the stickers with the MSRP so i just thought i would share this with ya.

joeyd

Welcome to the Canadian boat market!!! Beer.gif Now youknow why so many of us still want to import from the US. Right now you would take about 20% of of that price due the exchange rate. So that puts you at $71,200. Doesn't look to bad for you at the moment. A loaded VTX is running in the high $70's.

I also didn't realize the price was in Canadian Dollars

The prices I see are in USD. The base prices look right also, but on the total line it says USD.

The prices I see are in USD. The base prices look right also, but on the total line it says USD.

something to mention as we bought out boat in canada specifically for these reasons:

1. Our local dealership said that they only service their own boats.

2. The cost of a trip, trailer tax and time away from work and food, hotel, gas and other miscelaneous expenses even with the good exchange rate made it only worth it if we could get over 10k less than what the local dealership wanted. Plus, when we imported it, we have to pay gst and pst on it. So in the end we would have paid more.

So be careful and calculate all the facts and take into account that (from what I've been told) any major warranty work MUST be done at the purchasing dealership, which could mean towing the boat all the way back.

With prices like that I think I'll keep my 2003 ... happy as a clam with my boat. Why do people think clams are happy, is it because they look like they are smiling when their shell is riped open?

something to mention as we bought out boat in canada specifically for these reasons:

2. The cost of a trip, trailer tax and time away from work and food, hotel, gas and other miscelaneous expenses even with the good exchange rate made it only worth it if we could get over 10k less than what the local dealership wanted. Plus, when we imported it, we have to pay gst and pst on it. So in the end we would have paid more.

So be careful and calculate all the facts and take into account that (from what I've been told) any major warranty work MUST be done at the purchasing dealership, which could mean towing the boat all the way back.

That whole purchasing dealership thing is BS and Malibu should put a stop to the policies of those dealers.

-Chris

They are taking a page from the Mastercraft play book and it pisses me off. They give ridiculous MSRPs, and then give you the real price. This is supposed to make you feel like you are getting a great deal, but you are still paying full retail. I always go with cut the crap, and give me a decent price or I walk. I never pay attention to that MSRP crap. If Malibu doesn't watch it, they will be like MC and price themselves right out.

They are taking a page from the Mastercraft play book and it pisses me off. They give ridiculous MSRPs, and then give you the real price. This is supposed to make you feel like you are getting a great deal, but you are still paying full retail. I always go with cut the crap, and give me a decent price or I walk. I never pay attention to that MSRP crap. If Malibu doesn't watch it, they will be like MC and price themselves right out.

That's exactly why I'd like to see MSRP on the Malibu site (without having to fill out forms). I understand all the arguments about not publishing actual sale prices, but why not MSRP for the boat and all the options?

At first I thought some of the high option prices on these "stickers" were the trailer, but the vRide should be priced with the trailer as part of the base price (I thought) and the options were still 20 grand.

That's exactly why I'd like to see MSRP on the Malibu site (without having to fill out forms). I understand all the arguments about not publishing actual sale prices, but why not MSRP for the boat and all the options?

At first I thought some of the high option prices on these "stickers" were the trailer, but the vRide should be priced with the trailer as part of the base price (I thought) and the options were still 20 grand.

They used to do that for the boats, although I don't think that I've ever seen prices on the options. I suspect that they've gone away from it to keep from scaring people off.

They used to do that for the boats, although I don't think that I've ever seen prices on the options. I suspect that they've gone away from it to keep from scaring people off.

If they're afraid of scaring people off, shouldn't that tell them something about the prices? Maybe the should be a little more realistic on the MSRP if they aren't really selling for that much. As I alluded to on another thread, without any idea of price, I would NOT be seeking out a dealer in order to give me a price on a new boat. I want an idea of what I'm getting into before I end up in a dealer showroom.

When I go out of my way to look at a web site, I'm looking for information about a product, this include price, all available options, sales literature (brochure), etc. On the Malibu web site, for every single one of these items I need to fill out a form for a dealer to contact me. That's the point where I would move on to another manufacturer to research.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

we bought our boat locally as well, but your statement about paying gst and pst is misleading in that you have to pay those taxes whether you bought local or from usa.

i also think you may be mistaken on the warranty work only being done at purchasing dealer, although, i suppose the local dealer could say he is too busy to get you in.

we bought our boat locally as well, but your statement about paying gst and pst is misleading in that you have to pay those taxes whether you bought local or from usa.

i also think you may be mistaken on the warranty work only being done at purchasing dealer, although, i suppose the local dealer could say he is too busy to get you in.

Any Malibu dealer can preform warranty work. There maybe a priority for pruchasing customers but nothing precludes them from doing the work.

Any Malibu dealer can preform warranty work. There maybe a priority for pruchasing customers but nothing precludes them from doing the work.

I think it's more that they would claim that they're too busy to get us in. But that was the major factor as to why we didn't buy in the USA. What i mean when referring to GST and PST was that by buying in the USA, you DON'T get out of paying it.

Edited by CrazyTegger

I think it's more that they would claim that they're too busy to get us in. But that was the major factor as to why we didn't buy in the USA. What i mean when referring to GST and PST was that by buying in the USA, you DON'T get out of paying it.

Then that dealer needs to re-examine customer service. Why not get that person in and work on it, after all it's putting employees to work and generating some income. I understand you may not get first in line treatment, but many buy used as a first boat for various reasons and eventually could end purchasing a new one someday. If the customer is willing to work w/ the dealer and not make unrealistic demands and such, I suspect most dealers are more than happy to provide a service to you. Many customers whom have an issue(s) of getting their boat worked on probably started the conversation with an attitude to begin w/ since they are angry their boat is down.

Don't sweat the numbers from Malibu Marine, I've priced boats there they were 10 grand over Alberta and Saskatchewan dealers last year on a VTX, maybe they give good service I don't know but they are out of the park on new boat prices.

MSRP is a joke. No one ever pays that . It really depends on how much the dealer really wants to sell the boat , and how greedy they want to be. I always get a chuckle at the winter boat shows where the boat show special price is suddenly 10's of thousands of dollars below the MSRP.

How many 23 foot boats is this dealer really going to sell at 100,000.00 plus tax?

MSRP is a joke. No one ever pays that . It really depends on how much the dealer really wants to sell the boat , and how greedy they want to be. I always get a chuckle at the winter boat shows where the boat show special price is suddenly 10's of thousands of dollars below the MSRP.

How many 23 foot boats is this dealer really going to sell at 100,000.00 plus tax?

I think you would be surprised at the number of boats that sell at or near those prices.