Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Forum Topics

MUpde

It's funny how much this website slows down as the season draws to a close. I love comming here and seeing what people are up to with their boat and what modifications they are making. The number of new posts and topics DRASTICALLY drops off as the temps. fall.

So, the question become: What are you doing to your boat this winter? As for mine, it was just winterized and is covered awaiting next summer. No major changes planned.

Hmmmm, well we had thought that we would sell it, but with the economic climate being what it is I think that we'll probably have her for a while. So that being the case, I may dive into the driver's seat mod that I've been contemplating for too long. I may also do the heater/shower mod that we have here on the site. I've got a couple of warranty things that need to be taken care of as well, so I'm hoping to have all of that wrapped up before spring.

Removed old Zero Flex FLyer Mastercraft tower, installing Monster MT2 with wetsounds double up package, alpine 4 channel amp for speakers, medium cargo bimini, wakesurf rack, wakeboard rack and fixing all my gelcoat dings! Also replaced trailer tires (single axle scares the crap out of me).

Now working on christmas presents for my 5 children! After Christmas......... Adding 800lbs lead ballast bags from pop-products.com (400lb under rear seat, 200 ski locker, 200 bow), getting entire vynil and carpet redone and adding in boat wetsounds speakers to replace the existing kickers. If I have anything in my wallet left by summer I am going to purchase an ACME 525 and dual GPS speedos.

Thank you, Thank you very much..... USA.gif

God I hope NoBama eats $hit!

AF1

I've got a couple of nick nacs to tighten or adjust but thats about it, the boats been running like a top since day one.

I run it on the side of the house every 3 weeks or so for 15-20 minutes and listen to the stereo, so I don't winterize. I do need to change the tranny and V-drive oil this Spring when I shine Her up before 2009s maiden voyage.

1. Add sound insulation inside motor cover.

2. Set dates for joint 3 day outings with my buddies at Blue River, the Snake River, maybe Shasta or the Delta.

3. Make reservations at the necessary state parks.

4. All winter long optimistically promise my friends about getting more days next year than the 21 we got on the boats this year.

1. Repowdercoating tower, cans and parts of my titan spinners white.

2. Adding a pod that fits in the middle of the tower that houses four Image Dynamic wave guides. Along with another Zapco amp to power them

3. Hard plumbing in my enzo sack i should of did that before i did anything.

4. Repainting trailer and redoing bunks and carpet.

5. And hopefully sitting in the shop drinking a beer watching it poor rain to fill up our playgrounds Drool.gif

It's funny how much this website slows down as the season draws to a close. I love comming here and seeing what people are up to with their boat and what modifications they are making. The number of new posts and topics DRASTICALLY drops off as the temps. fall.

So, the question become: What are you doing to your boat this winter? As for mine, it was just winterized and is covered awaiting next summer. No major changes planned.

I was thinking about going out new years day. Not sure who I can get to go since even if it's not raining it will be silly cold. It would be a kick to take some turns on the lake and then head up to the pass for a few runs to start off 2009 the right way.

Other than getting a loose tower fixed, I was contemplating a sub woofer. One other item is I have a nasty scratch on my swimstep I am going to repair.

I have also contemplated extending the heater hoses and doing the heater mod to up the temp a bit.

1. Repowdercoating tower, cans and parts of my titan spinners white.

2. Adding a pod that fits in the middle of the tower that houses four Image Dynamic wave guides. Along with another Zapco amp to power them

3. Hard plumbing in my enzo sack i should of did that before i did anything.

4. Repainting trailer and redoing bunks and carpet.

5. And hopefully sitting in the shop drinking a beer watching it poor rain to fill up our playgrounds Drool.gif

That will look pretty trick.

I've got a couple of nick nacs to tighten or adjust but thats about it, the boats been running like a top since day one.

I run it on the side of the house every 3 weeks or so for 15-20 minutes and listen to the stereo, so I don't winterize. I do need to change the tranny and V-drive oil this Spring when I shine Her up before 2009s maiden voyage.

How's Don Pedro looking? I heard it was like 100 feet down. I also heard there are old mines and things now exposed.... That's a great lake. We make 2 or 3 trips there every year from So. Cal. Some family friends have a houseboat there.

Added Perfect Pass last winter, so no major upgrades this year. We'll book a lakehouse on Norris for next summer in the next month or so. Yahoo.gif

2. Set dates for joint 3 day outings with my buddies at Blue River, the Snake River, maybe Shasta or the Delta.

4. All winter long optimistically promise my friends about getting more days next year than the 21 we got on the boats this year.

I have been wanted add sound insulation to my motor box as well. What products have you looked at? My parents SLXi has insulated motor box and it is night and day between our boats engine noise with same engine. It would be nice if I could buy the black housing that fits and install it but I don't know where to get one.

1.) Replace worn pull-out cleats that rattle like crazy with the "Malibu" logo cleats that are available on Bake's.

2.) Finally figure out what the He** is causing my horrible alternator whine in my stereo system

3.) Add a heater (hopefully)

4.) Replace SS prop with CNC Acme (waiting for group buy) Whistling.gif

I have been wanted add sound insulation to my motor box as well. What products have you looked at? My parents SLXi has insulated motor box and it is night and day between our boats engine noise with same engine. It would be nice if I could buy the black housing that fits and install it but I don't know where to get one.

Check this article out by WakeGirl. Many of us have used this approach with great success

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....soundinsulation

a couple of other links:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....p;hl=insulation

Edited by Addictedto6
If I have anything in my wallet left by summer I am going to purchase an ACME 525 and dual GPS speedos.

Get that 525 before anything else and you'll be much happier…trust me..

I was thinking about going out new years day. Not sure who I can get to go since even if it's not raining it will be silly cold. It would be a kick to take some turns on the lake and then head up to the pass for a few runs to start off 2009 the right way.

Other than getting a loose tower fixed, I was contemplating a sub woofer. One other item is I have a nasty scratch on my swimstep I am going to repair.

I have also contemplated extending the heater hoses and doing the heater mod to up the temp a bit.

I'm hopefully our weather is good and we are able to get out, IIRC last year it was about 65 or so…

1.) Replace worn pull-out cleats that rattle like crazy with the "Malibu" logo cleats that are available on Bake's.

2.) Finally figure out what the He** is causing my horrible alternator whine in my stereo system

3.) Add a heater (hopefully)

4.) Replace SS prop with CNC Acme (waiting for group buy)

You'll swear you have a new boat w/ the Acme prop, that SS is nothing but a good paper weight.

Drop a post in the central cal link if you make it down into Cali, I'd suggest adding Oroville and/or Trinity to your list. Keep in mind the water levels are at this point VERY low and wouldn't make any reservations too late in the season at this point. It cold all change if we have a wet winter and ample snow pack but now it's looking bleak to say the least...

I have a few things I would like to do this winter.

1.Gelcoat cracks are being repaired right now as well as the hull scratches.

2.Recover the bunks with a better carpet when the boat is on the hoist for the gelcoat repairs.

3.Install a new amp to run the Tower speakers separately.

4.Add another sub under the port rear seat.

5.Add some ballast to improve the surf wake.

6.Install some new lights on the tower.

7.Possibly change out the head unit to a different one with transom remote capability.

8.Look at installing the transom LED's and some in the interior.

9.Also thinking about buying an extra prop.

10.This should be the most important.....Change the dual garage doors out to a single door so I can get the boat inside the garage!

Looks like a long list but we have a long winter to kill. My back is still wrecked so hockey is out of the question until Xmas time.

Edited by trentj6930

Check this article out by WakeGirl. Many of us have used this approach with great success

a couple of other links:

Thanks for the posts. I am going to order from Mcmaster since Overtons is SOLD OUT. Have you checked into skinned vs. foil faced adhesive. I have read that others used the skinned but was curious how that would handle the heat vs. the foil.

a couple of other links:

Thanks for the posts. I am going to order from Mcmaster since Overtons is SOLD OUT. Have you checked into skinned vs. foil faced adhesive. I have read that others used the skinned but was curious how that would handle the heat vs. the foil.

I bought through overtons on a special deal long time ago, and mine is foil faced. It's held up great overall, but I did need to recently respray 3m adhesive in a section near the sides where the foam separated a little. It was an area that didn't have the retaining pins -- the areas with the pin have had no separation, so I would definitely use those.

I know others have used the skinned and haven't heard of any problems. I think skisix@38 checked into the temp ratings and went with the skinned.

Hmmmm, well we had thought that we would sell it, but with the economic climate being what it is I think that we'll probably have her for a while. So that being the case, I may dive into the driver's seat mod that I've been contemplating for too long. I may also do the heater/shower mod that we have here on the site. I've got a couple of warranty things that need to be taken care of as well, so I'm hoping to have all of that wrapped up before spring.

what mod is this?

Hit the lake at least once a month during winter

I need to have some warranty items fixed

Add a shower

Buy an Oj 468 prop and return my loaner one… :)

Upgrade the center ballast tank pump.

Oh and ski some more and more….