Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

folding tower with cover on?

onebadone50

I am going to put my tower (illusion x) down for the off season. I also would like to keep my cover (Factory cover) on. I know how the tower breaks down, but how far will the tower drop? Is there stops, or do the spring prevent the tower from going so far?

You'll need to get something to prop up the tower or it'll rest on the dash. The factory cover in my case won't work as the tower is still to high off the deck and the cut outs for the tower won't work either.

I have a 2002 which has the Sklyon tower. I went down to the hardware store and got a long section of 4" PVC pipe that I lay across the top of the cover for the tower to rest on with all of the weight resting on the boat's sidewalls/gunnels.

I dropped the cover of the tower when I stored the boat in the garage, unless you can make some kind of support that is in the perfect position under the cover so when folding the tower down it holds it up. If you do that then I would make some kind of pad that wraps around the tower so you don't cut through the cover itself, or just have a custom cover made for the tower separate from the boat cover :)