Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski School or Private Lake pulls in FL

skicrazy

I'll be in the Fort Myers area for several weeks during the winter months and I'd love to get a few sets in on a course at least a few days (non-contiguous) while I'm there. Google and waterski.com aren't helping me much in the way of pinpointing an outfit in the vicinity. Does anyone have any suggestion for outfits that can accommodate walkins or reservations in set/hour blocks in the Fort Myers, FL area? There are several outfits in the Orlando area, but I was hoping for something that makes an easy day trip from Sanibel Island (45 minutes west of Ft. Myers).

Thanks!

We just pulled the course on Saturday here in MN. Ice is coming soon....

i dont like your chances. how far you willing to drive? heading back up to south orlando or across to palm beach areas (much further) are your only real 'ski school' options. The closest places will be polk county lakeland/winter haven area which includes lucky lowes or USAWS HQ but i dont think the lake is done yet. the closest ski site is probably ski paradise, but i have no idea about this place.

but its florida right?!?!?! has to be something close!

Looks like McCormick's just outside of Tampa will be my best bet. Hopefully they have some new skis to demo too.

If anyone has other suggestions for the area, please let me know.

Thanks!

There is a town home cluster on the east side of 41 tamiama trail between fort meyers and estero. They have a course out all the time, and a wide arrange of boats. I think it is all private residents, but if you are bringing your gear, you should knock on their doors. I know the next time I am there I am going to do that.

Further locating assistance, on this lake there is a driving range that uses floating balls, north side.

Good luck!

Looks like McCormick's just outside of Tampa will be my best bet. Hopefully they have some new skis to demo too.

Thanks!

There is a town home cluster on the east side of 41 tamiama trail between fort meyers and estero. They have a course out all the time, and a wide arrange of boats. I think it is all private residents, but if you are bringing your gear, you should knock on their doors. I know the next time I am there I am going to do that.

Further locating assistance, on this lake there is a driving range that uses floating balls, north side.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Is that Miromar Lake and beach club?

Would lauderdale be closer than Tampa?

No, that is on the main highway. This is on 41.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Is that Miromar Lake and beach club?

Would lauderdale be closer than Tampa?

Good luck!

Thanks!

Great find! Who would say no to a guy with his own gear and money?