Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Parts Reference Guide

WakeGirl

Part numbers & fluid specifications for Indmar engines.

• Engine Oil - 15W-40 Pennzoil Marine, API Service SJ/CG4 Racing Oil (some 383ci Hammerheads may require straight 40w)
  • Engine Oil Filter all 5.7L - Pennzoil PZ3 (except LS1)
  • Engine Oil Filter LS1 - NAPA Gold 1042
  • Engine Oil Filter 8.1L - AC-PF454
  • Engine Coolant (for closed systems) - Sierra brand propylene glycol
  • ZF Hurth Transmission Fluid & V-Drive - Pennzoil Type A Dexron II, III or Dexron/Mercon
  • Ski-Vee transmission/vdrive combo - Type A Dexron II, III or Dexron/Mercon (should only be on 2006 & newer models)
  • Walters V-Drive Oil - SAE 30 Pennzoil Motor Oil
  • Fuel Filter In-Line - Indmar 556003
  • Fuel Filter Spin-on - Indmar 786020
  • Alternator Belt all 5.7L - Indmar 725018 (except LS1)
  • Alternator Belt LS1 serpentine - Indmar 72502
  • Alternator Belt 8.1L - Indmar 725030
  • Thermostat all 5.7L - Indmar 985009 (except LS1)
  • Thermostat all 5.7L Closed cooled - Indmar 986034 (except LS1)
  • Thermostat LS1 - Indmar 986110
  • Spark Plugs all 5.7L - AC Delco MR43LTS (except LS1)
  • Spark Plugs LS1 - AC Delco AC41-931
  • Spark Plugs 8.1L - Nippon Denso TJ14R-P15
  • Surface Corrosion Protection - Pennzoil Marine Z-M Corrosion Protectant and Lubricant
  • Engine Fogging Oil - Pennzoil Marine Fogging Oil
  • Engine fuel stabilizer - Sta-Bil (for storage)
  • Engine Cables - Pennzoil Marine Z-M Corrosion Protectant and Lubricant (for corrosion protection)
  • Starter Bendix - Pennzoil Premium Plus Multipurpose Grease

• 2 years later...

Great information here. I do have a question however. The specification lists Penzoil 15W-40 yet my manual on a 1997 SSLX with the Monsoon 320 states to use 20W-50. I have purchased 20W-50 synthetic racing oil meeting the API specifications that are listed. I have never changed the oil in this boat before. This is the first season I have had it, so I'll be winterizing this weekend and putting her to sleep but need to be sure that I'm ok to use the 20W-50 synthetic oil. The boat has just under 700 hours if that has any bearing on anyone's response.

Great information here. I do have a question however. The specification lists Penzoil 15W-40 yet my manual on a 1997 SSLX with the Monsoon 320 states to use 20W-50. I have purchased 20W-50 synthetic racing oil meeting the API specifications that are listed. I have never changed the oil in this boat before. This is the first season I have had it, so I'll be winterizing this weekend and putting her to sleep but need to be sure that I'm ok to use the 20W-50 synthetic oil. The boat has just under 700 hours if that has any bearing on anyone's response.

I just put 20W-50 Castrol Synthetic in my 95 SS for the first time. I have a feeling the engine will like it.

Steve B.

Are the Spark Plugs listed, The Factory Platinum, or are they the replacement plugs Indmar switch to. I was told my Plugs that came with my 2010 we too cold and I should replace them with a hotter plug after 100 HR's I have the 5.7 320 LRC

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, TonyCCBus said:

Thank you.  I found that yesterday.  I was hoping for a more detailed look.

What exactly are you hoping to see?  If you just want a general 5.7L Indmar manual then you can get the Clymer manual. 

https://www.amazon.com/Clymer-Indmar-Inboard-Gm-Manual/dp/B000ENB3UO

Or there are some diagnostic manuals here for things like MEFI trouble codes

http://www.bakesonline.com/boatinfo.aspx#Manuals

Or this which is some fairly generic 5.7L stuff

http://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/Indmar_5.7RepairSpecs.pdf

Edited by oldjeep
3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

What exactly are you hoping to see?  If you just want a general 5.7L Indmar manual then you can get the Clymer manual. 

https://www.amazon.com/Clymer-Indmar-Inboard-Gm-Manual/dp/B000ENB3UO

Or there are some diagnostic manuals here for things like MEFI trouble codes

http://www.bakesonline.com/boatinfo.aspx#Manuals

Or this which is some fairly generic 5.7L stuff

http://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/Indmar_5.7RepairSpecs.pdf

The Clymer manual is an excellent reference and repair guide.  Saved me a bundle.

• 2 years later...

Can I use that Manuel for a 2006 indmar monsoon 340?  Just picked up a 2006 23 LSV wakesetter and it has the Heat exchanger engine in it. I am trying to get caught up to speed on everything. Ordered plugs, wires, cap and rotar should be here tomorrow. 

Need to figure out and do the following

engine oil (what type of oil looks like 15W40)

vdrive fluid swap (need to figure out which Vdrive it is )

transmission fluid swap (need to figure out  which transmission it is)

Maybe I should swap out coolant in heat exchanger (mechanic I know said to make sure I put ethylene glycol in it nothing else)

the boat runs great when started. It has a couple times been hard to start. cranks for 3-4 seconds maybe a touch longer then fires up. I’m hoping the old looking cap and rotar take care of that along with old looking  wires.  I have a few friends with older Malibu’s and they fire up real quick and strong. I’m a little disappointed mine seems to question if it is gonna start. Would love to get that figured out. Hopefully I don’t need a starter or fuel pump. 

Anyway just trying to figure out if all this information applies to my 2006. 

Thanks for the help!

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have these two part numbers?  The boat is in a remote location, so I don't want to take the old ones off first in case I can't get replacements right away.  Thanks.

2003 Sunsetter 21XTi with Monsoon 335

Oil pressure switch

Oil pressure sending unit

Just changed mine... Oil pressure switch is 645006 ( cheapest on ebay ) Sending unit is 1S6578, $31 from rock auto or $78 on Bakesonline item 645002. 

• Like 1