Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sportster Rear Seat Removal

yabetcha

To remove the rear seat in a Sportster, remove the vent cover aft of the rear seat and then remove the screws attaching the box that the blower sits in and push it off to the side. Then you'll have to reach through this opening to remove 7-8 nuts. You'll also have to reach along the sides of the seat where it meets the padding on the gunnel to remove 2-3 nuts as well.

Once you have all of the nuts removed, squeeze both sides of the seat back in and then pull the seat back towards the front of the boat to pull the screws out of the fiberglass holes.

Pictures of the area with the seat removed:

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Great intructions and pics. It ought to be in the tech section.

I had to remove my combing pads to get the the nuts on the side. Malibu must have bolted the seat back to the deck, before the deck was installed on the boat. Seems like a friction fit might have worked just as well.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

To my surprize...

I have a 1995 Flghtcraft Sportster and was expecting a lot of work to get the rear seat back out to access the gas tank for a fuel pump installation. After struggling to wiggle and pull the seat bottom out I decided to tackle the seat back. I was very much surprized that it just simply lifts right out. No bolts, no bolt holes, nothing. I guess on the Flightcraft Sportster by Malibu they made it easy!

Gary Maffei