Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Diamond vs. Wake Hulls

WakeGirl

You're starting to seriously splt hairs there but the belief held by most is that diamond rides better since it's "lighter on the water". Actually believe that was a marketing angle when the first LSVs came out and as I recall were on diamond only at first.

I own a 2003 W/S LSV Diamond Hull. (My ex was a water skier, so it was a good decision for us.) My neighbor owns a 2003 W/S LSV Standard Hull. We have the exact same options that could affect wake, including ballast, wedge, prop size, batteries, speakers/ams/subs, etc. Other than the colors of the boats, not one person has noticed a difference surfing and/or wakeboarding behind our two boats.

I do not know if the Diamond option will yield a higher price when it sells (Hopefully soon so I can order my new 24!!!), but I am hoping that the tri-sport (ski/wake/surf) families looking for a used Malibu will lean toward the Diamond hull... Mine, in particular!!! :thumbup:

Hi... I know this topic has been asked many times in many different ways...would anyone be willing to look at a pic of a 2002 Malibu and tell me if it is a wake hull or a diamond hull? I have a pic I can't seem to upload, but would love to email to someone....Please help!!!! Thanks!

I own a 2003 W/S LSV Diamond Hull. (My ex was a water skier, so it was a good decision for us.) My neighbor owns a 2003 W/S LSV Standard Hull. We have the exact same options that could affect wake, including ballast, wedge, prop size, batteries, speakers/ams/subs, etc. Other than the colors of the boats, not one person has noticed a difference surfing and/or wakeboarding behind our two boats.

I do not know if the Diamond option will yield a higher price when it sells (Hopefully soon so I can order my new 24!!!), but I am hoping that the tri-sport (ski/wake/surf) families looking for a used Malibu will lean toward the Diamond hull... Mine, in particular!!! :thumbup:

I thought the 23 wake hull didn't come about until the '04 model year?

I thought the 23 wake hull didn't come about until the '04 model year?

I was at the Malibu R&D center in Merced yesterday, and I asked a few questions about my 2003 LSV diamond hull. I learned that, in 2003, Malibu did, "... make fewer diamond hulls than standard hulls." However, they could not find production numbers or percentages. I am still curious to know how many units of each hull design were produced each year. I asked if there was some sort of hull design change in 2003 or 2004, and they seemed to think 2004 had a different hull than 2003, but the research got sidetracked when two prototype boats were suddenly right in front of us, ready to go to the lake. Of course, once on the water, I forgot all about the questions I had regarding my boat. LOL! Anyhow, I would appreciate any additional info that will help me answer questions about my boat when potential buyers ask. Thank you!!!