Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Racor LG50 Installation

WakeGirl

Ahh yeah... Missed the second bullet point of the guide. More importantly I can't use this in my boat because of the 4th bullet point. Any other options? I think the boat had an 'anti siphon' thing but the previous owner removed it.

• The LG50 must be installed as close to the vent through-hull as possible.
  • It must be installed as close to vertical as possible.
  • There is a “top†& a “bottom†(it is labeled as such), & it must be installed correctly.
  • When finished, the vent line should be either level or traveling downward toward the gas tank.
Edited by Arick

$140? They should be about $90. Google shopping brought them up on racorstore.com for just a bit over $90.

As far a worth, my old boat it was a must have as it always spit fuel out the overflow until I installed a LG50. My current boat doesn't have one and I rarely have fuel come out the overflow.

• 1 year later...

Wiping the dust off....is there a better solution than this now or is this still the best product to prevent overflow out of the vent?  I recently had my boat lift installed with a 6" drop front to back and I "sense" that I'm loosing some fuel as the temperature heats up and/or someone stands on the platform.  

What's weird is that the last time I was out I had to fill my rear ballast some so that the fuel would flow to the rear of the tank to get the boat started.  I got back put it on the lift (6" drop front to back) and over the course of a few weeks dropped 8.5 5 gallon (42-43 gallons) before it started spewing out the vent and fill.  I'm only using half of my 80+ gallon tank!!!!  Obviously both the fill and vent are still higher than the front of the tank so I'm a little confused why this is happening, maybe some kind of siphon is being created...?  Hopefully this racor unit will help.

On 10/31/2016 at 0:30 PM, Ronnie said:

I haven't seen anything better. Those things worked well and are an easy install. 

I want to get one, but don't have the room to install it vertically?  Think I should still give it a shot?

Can you not mount it inline with the vent hose. My understanding is it doesn't have to be mounted at the tank or close to the fill opening. The unit has a float in it that seals the top when fuel flows up the hose, stopping the fuel from going out the vent. The float opens the vent line when there is no fuel present at the float allowing the fuel tank to vent.

8 hours ago, Arick said:

I want to get one, but don't have the room to install it vertically?  Think I should still give it a shot?

No.  It absolutely must be mounted vertically (or very close to vertically).  Don't waste your money and time if you can not mount it the way it was designed to work.

Edit:  Nothing has changed in the design of the LG50 since July 2015....

Edited by RTS