Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is everyone WakeSurfing on?

RiverRunner

OK have not surfed bedpans only rode them with a tow rope.

Same with ice chest lid and picnic table.

I can not recommend any of these as surfing instruments - LOL

We have just about tamed one of those wooden skim boards for surfing.

My crew's favorite right now has to be the phase5 icon.

Its a tiny thang and hardly any rocker but it dances.

Last nite we were surfing behind a twin screw cruiser where we can surf one on each side and almost had to arm wrestle to see who got the 5.

My pick as the best all around board of those I've seen and ridden so far is the Broadcast. You can manipulate the fins to make it as stable or squirrely as you desire.

I don't really like the new 6' Landlock (the red and yellow one). Its a big ol cruiser thang and only knows one direction - forward. Almost surfs by itself. If all you want to do is sit back there and ride, its fine but you'll get bored with that pretty quick. A 6' ocean type like a Clyde Beaty might be better cuz its got size and can still turn and slash

I haven't seen or ridden the oogle but I am indeed interested.

What kind of board would work good for a smaller wake like my SLXi? I got a chance to surf last week for the first time and am hooked. Now I just need to convince the CFO that our arsanal of fiberglass toys needs to be expanded.

I have a trickboardz velocity and a medium. I wouldn't recommend them as your only surfboards. They are tough, especially on a small wake. They can be very challenging for new and experienced riders in my opinion.

Lankenut

I use a trick boardz large behind our SSLXI and its not that easy to stay in the pocket but it can be done, the sweet spot in really close to the platform on our boats. I really want to try either the new Landlock, Green Room or Soft Top, I think the bigger boards will be easier on smaller wakes.

A good place to find real surf boards is at a pawn shop especially if you live anywhere near the coast, I have found them from $80 and up.

If you ever run across a 6' with glassed in fins slasher - like Abe's board - I'll cover ya.

His is now beat to heck and is literally held together with duct tape.

I want the Broadcast 5'6" but everyone is out of stock. I maybe going with the 4'9".

Troy, Stewart, Tracie, Joe and any one esle. Do you think the 4'9" would be a good board for my boat and Jen. Seeing how she's hooked I want to keep her happy and on the boat. That way I can look Shocking.gif at her all day long instead of missing her.

I want the Broadcast 5'6" but everyone is out of stock.  I maybe going with the 4'9".

Troy, Stewart, Tracie, Joe and any one esle. Do you think the 4'9" would be a good board for my boat and Jen. Seeing how she's hooked I want to keep her happy and on the boat. That way I can look Shocking.gif  at her all day long instead of missing her.

Hehe! The 4'9" would probably be great for her once she really gets the hang of it. Do you have another board for the mean time?

We use the LF Skimskate 5'0". We are just starting and everyone seemed to get up on in easily. Surfing w/o the rope at least a little bit on the 3rd or 4th session.

We had several people surf with the skimskate and the landlock this past week and most preferred the skimskate.