Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Price???

tmoore8878

I have a 1992 Skier that I'm thinking about selling. Just a little info on the boat. It has 396hrs on it, interior was replaced two years ago, cd player with 4 6.5 Clarions and a Bazooka 10in bass tube. Brand new OJ prop(13 x 11.5 I think), new starter, new flywheel, the boats in good shape all around, but I don't have a clue where to start at a price? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

I have a 1992 Skier that I'm thinking about selling. Just a little info on the boat. It has 396hrs on it, interior was replaced two years ago, cd player with 4 6.5 Clarions and a Bazooka 10in bass tube. Brand new OJ prop(13 x 11.5 I think), new starter, new flywheel, the boats in good shape all around, but I don't have a clue where to start at a price? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

How about $500 ;) SOLD!!!! Just tell me where to come p/u!

I've always sold my own used cars, trailers, motorhomes, and boats without trading in. The obvious price search is checking the comparables on boattrader, ebaymotors, craigslist, onlyinboards.com , etc. and taking a guess at the local financial condition. It appears to me that the East Coast prices are cheaper than West Coast prices for disposable income luxury cars and boats. I would guess that a 92 Malibu is worth about $7500 in Oregon but may go cheaper on a distress sale. There are some that want $9 grand but with the stock market crash only the distress price boats will be sold.

If your boat is in good shape your best possibility is to display it on a busy street and will do more for you than ads. At the low price point you can pick up an impulse buyer who sees your boat and visualizes how great it would be in his garage. Seasoned boaters are looking for later model boats and often have to sell their boat first. So a first time buyer is more likely to step up for your spiffy craft.

Good Luck.