Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lights for Illusion X

woody

Has anyone put aftermarket "fog" lights on their illusion X (pics please)? I am looking at buying some PIAA lights but can't figure out how to mount them at the pre-wired spots. Do I just drill the light bracket mount holes in the forward cross member around the pre-wired provided hole?

Thanks

Hey Woody

What model PIAA lights are you looking at?

Here in AUS we cant get the Metctraft lights so I have been looking at some PIAA lights as well.

The lights would be used for navigating through the house boat bouys, the marinia and loading the boat at night. I like the PIAA Deno LED series, but I'm not sure how bright the LED beam is.

Just out of curiosity, have you priced the Metcraft lights? I'm after the same thing, just something to shed a little light for navigating around docks & putting the boat on the trailer after dark. Of course, I don't have the boat with the Illusion X yet, so I can't speak intelligently about how they mount at all (okay there's a softball for you guys if I ever wrote one ;)).

I looked lightly at doing something like that, but eventually broke down and got 4 metcraft lights.

They kit is completely ready, and lights fit in pre-made holes great. They are very snug.

Pics please!

vlx05 - GRE here in NSW have got 6 Metcraft lights for the boat show. They dont have a price for me yet. I expect them to be pricey.

Woody - I got a price on the PIAA 1100X PLATINUM series. Here in AUS they are $650 pr. Looks like I dont want lights that bad after all.

• 1 month later...

ok guros heres what has happened i bought the lights through the dealer he had never put any on so i took them after they put in the keepers . now how due i wire them up if you hook them up with the factory wire it popped the breakers so due i

1 need a reducer of some kind

2 use a constenteen switch (like on a ford starter)

3 did the factory pre wire with all 8 lights in mind?

any help would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

Edited by bonehead
  • 1 month later...