Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop

That is the stock prop size that came on the boat originally.

Monsoon - Acme 537 13.5 X 16 1-1/8 shaft

Hammerhead Acme 381 13.5 x 17.5 1-1/8 Shaft

Hope this helps!

-Paul

Acme 537

But seriously consider changing to Acme 1235 if ride with ballast in the boat

New to this wakeboarding thing, mainly for kids age 6-16. Want to get a spare prop so what will the 1235 do for me?

Hope this helps!

-Paul

I have the 381 on my 01 Sunsetter VLX with monsoon, I thought this was the stock prop for that boat? I know the hulls are different and I think the monsoons HP curve changed sometime in these years, is this the reason for the different prop or is it because I have the diamond hull VS wake hull? What would the 537 do for me other then hole shot? It revs 5100 at WOT now and would assume more with the 537, or is the cup that much different? thanks.

I don't think Acme was not the OEM prop until mid 2002 or start of 2003 (the chart i have says 2003+ but i remember some 02 boats like the Response being standard with a Acme)

The 1235 or the "High Altitude prop" is a awesome prop if you plan on having your boat loaded with people or weight. For normal use like you are thinking about doing with your family i would stick to the 13.5x16

-Paul

Hope this helps!

-Paul

I have the 381 on my 01 Sunsetter VLX with monsoon, I thought this was the stock prop for that boat? I know the hulls are different and I think the monsoons HP curve changed sometime in these years, is this the reason for the different prop or is it because I have the diamond hull VS wake hull? What would the 537 do for me other then hole shot? It revs 5100 at WOT now and would assume more with the 537, or is the cup that much different? thanks.

I used to have an 01 SS VLX and had the Acme 381 as the stock prop. I later switched to the Acme 537 and noticed quite a difference in performance. It had much better hole shot and I didn't notice much of a difference at the top end.

A VLX w/ the Monsoon I prefer the OJ 468. The Acme 1235 is a great prop as well but unless you are in high altitude it’s going to increase your rpm’s and lower your top (may not be much of an issue for you). I’d recommend trying the OJ 468 if you plan on short drives to ride and performs fantastic behind the VLX or the OJ 475 if you do a decent amount of open water driving as it’ll lower the rpm’s and save gas. The 381 imho is a horrible prop for the VLX-Monsoon combo.