Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding a wakesurf rack

obski

I am looking at adding a wakesurf rack to my 06 VLX with an Illusion tower. I currently have a tribal Nice Rack rack in the upper position on each side. I want to be able to hold a surfboard and/or a kneeboard and still be able to put 2 wakeboards in each of the Nice Rack racks. Any suggestions?

I am looking at adding a wakesurf rack to my 06 VLX with an Illusion tower. I currently have a tribal Nice Rack rack in the upper position on each side. I want to be able to hold a surfboard and/or a kneeboard and still be able to put 2 wakeboards in each of the Nice Rack racks. Any suggestions?

I've got nicerack wakeboard racks and a wakesurf rack on mine. I put the wakesurf rack on the upper position and the wakeboard rack on the lower. Works fine.

1225257506.jpg

nice makes a double surf rack. that would match your existing racks. Thumbup.gif

Would the dealer carry that? I'll have to call and check.

Would the positioning interfere with the current racks?

And finally, would it hold a kneeboard?

I've got nicerack wakeboard racks and a wakesurf rack on mine. I put the wakesurf rack on the upper position and the wakeboard rack on the lower. Works fine.

1225257506.jpg

Thanks, that does look like it works fine.

1225257506.jpg

Thanks, that does look like it works fine.

That rack does fit a kneeboard as well.

I have your same setup on my 05 and put the double surf rack from nice in the lower position. I have never had any clearance issues, and a kneeboard would work fine. Thumbup.gif

Well to follow up. I stopped by the dealer today on the way back from the river after hitting it with Ruffdawg - keep at it. They had the Nice Rack double surf rack in stock and put it on a tribal base to match the existing racks. They also had it at a good price. Now I need to get it on the tower. I haven't had a chance as I had to get the oil changed in the boat and then get in to watch the Phillies win the World Series.