Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying Malibu parts somewhere besides a dealership

rrkrrk99

Besides a Malibu dealership, is there a boating parts or supply place(s) where I can purchase parts and supplies for my 2007 VLX? I've tried searching on the internet and can't seem to find anyplace. Just wondering. Thanks.

Besides a Malibu dealership, is there a boating parts or supply place(s) where I can purchase parts and supplies for my 2007 VLX? I've tried searching on the internet and can't seem to find anyplace. Just wondering. Thanks.

Discount Inboard Marine @ www.skidim.com will help you with gaskets,

belts, hoses, impeller, filters. Any auto parts store will have oil, oil filter, transmission fluid. Overton's

and West Marine carry supplies like waxes, polishes, lines, fenders, anchors. Academy may even have

what you are looking for, and for a little less cash.

What specific parts and supplies do you need?

SkiDim is great for technical & mechanical stuff.

Your local Napa for tune up stuff, oil, filters, spark plugs, etc.

Boater's World for more general boating items, ie; dock bumpers, cleats, other stainless hardware.

Even Home Depot for PVC, SS hooks & rope to moor it, anchor line, teak oil, etc.

Just depends on what your lookin for.

Please support your local dealership. We're dropping like flies

Yes but ....................

As long as you marine guys insist on charging twice as much for the same GM fuel filter in a GM box that I can buy at the GM dealership or that I can buy for even less at NAPA ........... well - what do you think I'm going to do?

Please support your local dealership. We're dropping like flies

Yes but ....................

As long as you marine guys insist on charging twice as much for the same GM fuel filter in a GM box that I can buy at the GM dealership or that I can buy for even less at NAPA ........... well - what do you think I'm going to do?

I think if you supported your local dealer they would cut you a deal. Beside what happens when no one shops your dealer they go out of business and then something breaks that you cant get at gm? Then what? Dontknow.gif

There are definitely some purchases that need/should be done from the dealership.

But then there are other purchase situations that have resulted in creating the term "stealership" Mad.gif

I recall a certain $400 swim platform bracket at my local MC stealership.

If you don't like your dealership for parts give Paul a call over at Bakes Marine. He takes care of malibu owners near and far and you will get a fair deal.

Sorry, missed srab’s earlier question. Perhaps a replacement swim step rubber mat. Since I’d prefer one made for the Malibu, so will probably have to get it through a dealership. But wondered if Malbu parts were available from other places.

If you don't like your dealership for parts give Paul a call over at Bakes Marine. He takes care of malibu owners near and far and you will get a fair deal.

Don't get me wrong. Rocky at our local Malibu dealer has been great. I steer business his way every chance I get.

I dealt with the guys at Bakes before Paul worked there..... Bill, Spencer & Jeremy, was there & always had good service. Hope they got that back lot paved though. Everything always seemed to leave there filthy.

But I'm not sure I'll be buying oil filters from either of them anytime soon when Napa has them for 1/3rd of the price.

So do we. I think there are a few on here that will agree.

We're not all overpriced.

Half a loaf or no loaf, not rocket science.

I dealt with the guys at Bakes before Paul worked there..... Bill, Spencer & Jeremy, was there & always had good service. Hope they got that back lot paved though. Everything always seemed to leave there filthy.

We did get it paved about 5 years ago, huge difference!!! We still get dust since we are 300 yards from I-90 but nothing like before. That's the old school crew list! Bill & Karen are still here after 19 years, Jeremy moved on to a warmer state, Spencer moved on back in 2001.

Most of the customers I help tell me that they gave the dealer first chance almost every time, then ended up searching elsewhere for a list of reasons.

We look forward to helping any Malibu owner, from anywhere, anytime.

-Paul

Edited by Bakes Board & Ski

I crushed the little spinner on the speedo sensor this year. Dealer, who is generally a good guy, wanted to sell me the entire sensor unit. I called the manufacturer, who put me in touch with the distributor, and had 3 of the little spinners overnighted for very little money.

I supported my dealer to the tune of $70k this year. Next year it is someone else's turn. Beer.gif

Ub