Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

best goofy side surf wake.

txwakejunkie

We spent the weekend camping at lake somerville and did some surfing, Check out the pics here.

http://forums.wakeoutlaws.com/index.php?sh...amp;#entry10819

I have only surfed behind an 06 vlx, 05 lsv, 07 210 natique, and the 240 enzo outlaw boat. So far the enzo wake has been the most fun to ride on, lots of push and you can ride that thing a mile back it seems.

My question is does the 247 wave compare to the enzo, being the only boat malibu make to compare in size? Just trying to get some opinions on the best surf waves out there right now.

Please no boat bashing, just opinions on the best waves you have seen or rode.

One other question, has anyone used a enzo sac (1450#) in their BU?

Edited by txwakejunkie

Hey Cameron, It was good to see you and Breann last weekend. I've surfed behind an 06 247 with about the same amount of people and weight and Ken's boat is a much cleaner, longer and about a foot taller wave. It still amazes me how small movements in weight placement changes the wave produced. Let me know when you guys go surfing again, I'll help with people weight!! Thumbup.gif

I wish that we could have stayed one of the nights out there with you guys.

Butler's Limo (247) has a superior goofy wake to all I've seen. The Enzo, as it comes stock has a difficult time producing that top of the line type wake. It is definitely fun and very surfable and maybe even as good as my WS23LSV but both require much more management to get to there.

Butler's Limo (247) has a superior goofy wake to all I've seen. The Enzo, as it comes stock has a difficult time producing that top of the line type wake. It is definitely fun and very surfable and maybe even as good as my WS23LSV but both require much more management to get to there.

Are you saying that the enzo wake might not be as good as your wake? What year is your 23? what is your setup if you dont mind me asking? how much weight does it take in the 247 to get the superior wake?

Are you kidding me - you are seriously going to ask me such a personal question - I am so offended.

LOL

j/k

Not so much better but very different.

On the goofy side we run a 750 in trunk plumbed in, 400 under the seat, 400 on the seat, 1000 in the bow, 300 in the ski locker, wedge down.

We usually have a pretty good size crew too.

With the diamond, a whole lotta weight makes a really nice long steep wake.

The Enzo will do it goofy - it just takes more manipulation.

And the resulting wake is not nearly as steep and more round at the top - this isn't bad at all just different.

The 247 is long, tall, and steep but easy to manipulate the steepness with power wedge.

But I ride regular - and I love the wake of all 3.

Are you kidding me - you are seriously going to ask me such a personal question - I am so offended.

LOL

j/k

Not so much better but very different.

On the goofy side we run a 750 in trunk plumbed in, 400 under the seat, 400 on the seat, 1000 in the bow, 300 in the ski locker, wedge down.

We usually have a pretty good size crew too.

With the diamond, a whole lotta weight makes a really nice long steep wake.

The Enzo will do it goofy - it just takes more manipulation.

And the resulting wake is not nearly as steep and more round at the top - this isn't bad at all just different.

The 247 is long, tall, and steep but easy to manipulate the steepness with power wedge.

But I ride regular - and I love the wake of all 3.

sorry to Offend you! Biggrin.gif

So do you not have the cooler under your seat? We have no rooom for sacs under the seat so we put a 400 on the seat and one in the floor next to the seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Below is the Goofy Wake from our 2008 Centurion Enzo SV240 with under 2,000 lbs. of ballast, the regular side is better. Oh and you might recognize the rider?

halloween_surf_2008_20.jpg

If you were to get the "Surf Right System" from Centurion you would have the wake below on the goofy side and the wake above on the regular side.

med_gallery_5_99_5790.jpg

As is our goofy wake is as big as I have ever seen on the goofy side and well the regular wake is just OUTSTANDING!