Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BU VLX vs Super Air Nautique 210

Woodsprinter

I have 04 VLX and I am considering to trade in with newer VLX or LSV (05-07). But I am impressed with Super Air Nautique 210 because of their seat arrangment. I am not sure about wake itself. VLX has one big advantage- Wedge! Feedbacks, please... Ditto for LSV vs SAN 220. Thanks

I like the look of the Nautiques as well, however they do not have the same established footprint for service where I live, and BU's have always been good to me, so why mess with a good thing.

Ridden both. Both have great wakes. Personally the SAN 210 takes less weight to get a comparable wake out of it since its a smaller beamed boat. I have driven a nautique 210 quite a bit as well, they drive nice. It does take some time to get used to the opposite prop rotation. Nautiques are built very well too, never seen a poorly fitted Nautique. Personally the 210 is a riders boat. Its small, agile, and efficient on the amount of weight to wake size ratio. I personally opted for my bu because of interior sizing. There just isnt much room in a 210 for people, ice chests and gear. If you are a serious rider (those generally ride with 4 or less riders), then its the boat for you.

Now the 220 I have not been in but I have heard the wake is horrid! The only other big boat I have heard good things about is the 230/236. I rode behind Murray's and the wake was flat out stupid big, like rolling down the windows on every trick big! haha

The 210 has a very different wake than the VLX. You really need to ride behind it to decide for yourself if you like it.

Plus1.gif it may seem like a pain to find a ride behind a boat, but try taking one back because your not happy with it Whistling.gif

A friend of mine has a SAN210 it is a very nice boat,I've spent alot of time ridding in it behind it and just floating in it. I considered buying one but I opted for a little more room and bought my 04VLX. I personally would buy a newer bigger VLX because I mostly just a driver now and have a bunch of people with me.

Like LiquidMX posted, if you just ride and have 2 or 3 peeps with you the 210 would work great.but it's a tight squeeze with a large crew and I think the 220 is fugly.

A friend of mine has a SAN210 it is a very nice boat,I've spent alot of time ridding in it behind it and just floating in it. I considered buying one but I opted for a little more room and bought my 04VLX. I personally would buy a newer bigger VLX because I mostly just a driver now and have a bunch of people with me.

Like LiquidMX posted, if you just ride and have 2 or 3 peeps with you the 210 would work great.but it's a tight squeeze with a large crew and I think the 220 is fugly.

Was the bilge pump not working?

Are you talking about the new 210? I have heard good things about the new 210, but have not heard good things about the 220.

Sort of, but I am mostly focusing on 05-08 VLX (same hull) and 05-08 SAN210. I am not sure abt SAN210 hull year range.

I take my family of 5 alot. The reason I want to get newer VLX (05-08) is more storage in rear lockers. 04 VLX hard tanks steal alot of storage. 05-08 VLX has #200 (or 250) tank under locker floor and little bigger than 04 VLX, right. Removing the hard tanks and replacing fat sacs isn't bad idea.. SAN210 has cool seat arrangement because I need more fans. Whistling.gif

Edited by Woodsprinter

Based on what you are saying I would suggest the Bu over the SAN. Dont get me wrong I am as bit a Nautique fan as I am a Bu fan, but based on your uses the Bu would probably be a better fit IMHO. You could always test both out, bring the fam and see what they think.

In my experience, you can get used to whatever wake you choose to get, or are stuck with. Imagine our forefathers before us who wakeboarded with extended pylons, Glastrons, and stretching ski ropes. Ah... growing up and having to be aware of the need to duck out of fear we would be decapitated by the rope when the rider fell. I don't know if you're a family man or young whipper snapper, but the huge interior space in every Bu (compared to the same sized opponent) is one of the big factors which has held me true to the Bu. Its the difference of spending the day with a few friends, or with a few families.

Are you talking about the new 210? I have heard good things about the new 210, but have not heard good things about the 220.

Sort of, but I am mostly focusing on 05-08 VLX (same hull) and 05-08 SAN210. I am not sure abt SAN210 hull year range.

In 07 the SAN was redesigned and definitely more family friendly, but the seating was a little funky. Then in 08 the 210 got more traditional seatng, but a VLX is still a "roomier" boat.

Keep in mind you can adjust the wedge and increasing the steepness of the wake more like the Nautique style.

Well point taken that people don't consider, that was one main reason for me going with Malibu :)

Edited by 68Slalom

The SAN 08 seating arrangment is MUCH better than the 07 because it offers a true straight bench across the back so you can fit a few more people more comfortably. The wakes on both boats are compltely different, you really need to ride both. Personally, I would be more than happy with either boat. The Bu has a wider wake but lacks the huge boot off the top of the wake, whereas the SAN is a little narrower (not that much) and does have the huge boot at the top...again, I love both and can pull my trick list on either.

Good luck!