Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water in the Locker

I have a 07 Malibu Resonse LXI and cannot stop the water from entering the ski locker. It only goes up around 3 " or so but I hate having my System8 soak in water. Does anyone have a solution?

I have a 07 Malibu Resonse LXI and cannot stop the water from entering the ski locker. It only goes up around 3 " or so but I hate having my System8 soak in water. Does anyone have a solution?

I had the same issue. Tightened the packing nut a bit...no water in the bilge, no water in the ski locker. Also worth checking to see that the bow eye is tight / sealed

My drain plug in the locker leaks a little. Bilge/motorbox is dry so in my case it's not the packing or the heater core. Need to double check the bow eye, but I am 99% it's the plug. There's been other threads where the cause has been pointed out to be that locker plug.

I had the same issue. Tightened the packing nut a bit...no water in the bilge, no water in the ski locker. Also worth checking to see that the bow eye is tight / sealed

Thanks, I'll check that out. I have a drain plug in there but the water doesn't drain out.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I have a drain plug in there but the water doesn't drain out.

That's because it comes in from the front. The bilge area can be dry, so water is not entering into the locker plug from aft. If there is water under the bilge liner, it will roll forward toward the bow, then get in the locker from there. IIUC

You can get a ski in that locker??? I haven't been able to, but we use double high-wraps.

Unlike the SLXi, my 05 RLXi does not have a drain in the ski locker floor...only on the wall back to the bilge area.

That drain plug has got to be one of the most useless features in the boat. I've never had any success getting water to drain out of that hole. Once the water is in that locker, the only way I've found to get it out is to either soak it up with towels or use a hand pump.

I bought a wall mounted shop vac mainly for the purpose of removing water from the ski locker. The vac hangs next to the boat in the garage. It probably takes me less than a minute to suck any water in the locker out after each use. It's also very handy for vacuuming the carpet in the boat and other vehicles.

That drain plug has got to be one of the most useless features in the boat. I've never had any success getting water to drain out of that hole. Once the water is in that locker, the only way I've found to get it out is to either soak it up with towels or use a hand pump.

Not so fast there, Squints. The way I read it, the feature doesn't suck, but you do. . .

:lol: