Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cargo Rack Bimini

water hazard

I am thinking about purchasing / installing the Monster Tower Cargo Rack Bimini on my 02 VLX with a Titan Series I tower. Has anyone done this? How did you mount it? What size did you use? Pics?

Thanks

I am thinking about purchasing / installing the Monster Tower Cargo Rack Bimini on my 02 VLX with a Titan Series I tower. Has anyone done this? How did you mount it? What size did you use? Pics?

Thanks

I am taking my 94 Euro F3 to Austin next Thursday to get the MT2 tower, cargo bimini, 4 wetsounds pro 60's and racks. The cargo bimini looks awesome to me. I will be using it for kneeboard and tube so we have more room in the boat! I'll let you know how I like it when I get it back......

I have struggled with the decision to go with Titan versus Monster and decided to go with Monster. Main reason is customer service and delivery times. I know of a fellow forum member that has been waiting a month for a Titan mirror arm that he ordered from wakeside and still hasn't recieved! Not cool

AF1

Wow, so their going to run with the Z5 idea, huh. Cool. Quite a bit better price too... even better.

The only thing I've wondered about those biminis..... how do they perform at 60 or 70 mph?

Wow, so their going to run with the Z5 idea, huh. Cool. Quite a bit better price too... even better.

The only thing I've wondered about those biminis..... how do they perform at 60 or 70 mph?

I think they are made with quick release to remove for trailer towing. What I thought was cool is you can pull pins on the back and tilt it to remove your cargo, etc..... Nice looking design. I wouldn't trust it going down the highway though!!

AF1

I like the idea of cargo rack bimini but I have Illusion X tower. I doubt Monster will fit it but I remember I saw cargo rack bimni on Illusion X somewhere. Any idea of where I can find and $? Thanks

I like the idea of cargo rack bimini but I have Illusion X tower. I doubt Monster will fit it but I remember I saw cargo rack bimni on Illusion X somewhere. Any idea of where I can find and $? Thanks

I emailed Monster, they don't have an Illusion X product. You probably saw a Z-5 Cargo rack. They have one for the Illusion X. I can't find a manufactures website, but I heard the $ are close to 2K for the Illusion bimini.

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know how this cargo bimini from monster would work with titan 1 tower? I would like to see how this bimini looks or if it would even fit on my tower. It is a really good price I think. My bimini is on its last leg and is a pain to put up and take down.

I put the small size Monster Tower Cargo bimini on my Titan Series I tower at the begining of last year. I have been very happy with it. It is sturdy and I love the fact that it holds wakesurfers. Word of caution - the Titan tower is very hard to drill into - you will need a punch to start the drill and I was not able to use self tapping screws. I ended up buying a tap a cutting threads into the tower pipe. A little lock tight and it has been steady as a rock for almost two years.

It looks good too!

I put the small size Monster Tower Cargo bimini on my Titan Series I tower at the begining of last year. I have been very happy with it. It is sturdy and I love the fact that it holds wakesurfers. Word of caution - the Titan tower is very hard to drill into - you will need a punch to start the drill and I was not able to use self tapping screws. I ended up buying a tap a cutting threads into the tower pipe. A little lock tight and it has been steady as a rock for almost two years.

It looks good too!

Does the rack swivel down pretty easy? I was worried about it getting stuck while swiveling down to access our surf boards. Is your avatar picture the boat with the cargo bimini on it? Thanks for the reply

I really like the concept and thought my wife would too. But she really doesn't like running with the bimini deployed unless it's hotter than blazes. With the rack/bimini you'd be using it ALL the time. That was a deal killer for her.