Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Hammerhead

I have a 2007 23 LSV with the 383 hammerhead.

I have had some issues with the computer control module. The first one went out on us while on the river 8 miles from the ramp, after being towed in and a wasted weekend the dealer found the problem did not have a replacement in stock so he took one out of one of his boats on the show room floor (good guy). That was at 45 hrs.

Now it happend again at 90 hours.

Is this a common thing?

Im getting tired of getting towed in.

It sounds to me like one or more of the circuits coming from the computer are bad thereby cooking the computer. Two computers going bad in the same amount of time makes me think it's more than just the computer.

Hooking up a scanner and looking at each of the periphials one at a time could give you an indication if there is a problem with that circuit. Look for real time feedback data that is out of specification.

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like it was the fuel pump.

after replacing everything else the dealer put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and it read 60 - 62 PSI which is just OK but when the engine was turned off it dropped to 40 right away. He said that it should hold the pressure for at least 2 - 5 min. So they are ordering it and I should have it back before Thanksgiving.

And just when this has been the warmest fall I can remember.