Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cope Mcphetres filing for bankruptcy?

bu2007vlx

I guess they were in too much of a rush to grammar check the ad before it went out. :Doh:

"After 62 years of being in business, we want to give back to you, our customers!"

Wow, that comes out all wrong. Proves they've never "given back" in the prior 62 years, but now they've decided it's the right time. Just imagine if they had started "giving back" to the customers 62 years ago. There might actually be customers sad to see them go.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• 68Slalom

• Pat McCrotch

• bu2007vlx

I am looking for a new Wakesetter...preferably a 23LSV. Does anyone know how/when Ultimate will be liquidating their boats. Is it better to be bought now or later. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

went to cope this morning. they still have a lot of gear. ALL GEAR is 1/2 off. Bought the following:

kids wakeboard & bindings: normally $350, i paid $175

Drew Danielo Phase Five: normally $530, paid $$265

many nic-knacks...singlasses, reefs, trailer parts, babes products, board shorts, etc.

Total out the door: $750. pleased with my chistmas shopping.

Hope my 6 year old daughter likes her new wakeboard. Biggrin.gif

Rocklin's last day is supposidly Dec 24.

I gotta say, the employees there are extremely cheerful and customer service oriented considering the circumstances.

I do wish them good fortune.

I guess they were in too much of a rush to grammar check the ad before it went out. :Doh:

"After 62 years of being in business, we want to give back to you, our customers!"

Wow, that comes out all wrong. Proves they've never "given back" in the prior 62 years, but now they've decided it's the right time. Just imagine if they had started "giving back" to the customers 62 years ago. There might actually be customers sad to see them go.

I was actually thinking of the "To busy to come in?", but yours is a good observation as well. I guess since they won't be in business they don't have to worry about how these little things reflect on them, right? :)

I gotta say, the employees there are extremely cheerful and customer service oriented considering the circumstances.

Were they Copes emlpoyees, or employees of the liquidator?

Often, the liquidator brings in their own sales team, because they have purchased the assets and need to get as much as they can for the inventory,

and want to be sure they have a motivated sales team.

We picked up a few things also. New board, some shorts and few tops.

They will be closing the doors for good this wednesday, so get it while you can.

Really you sure about that?...... :)

You can spill the beans.... What did they get for me? Yahoo.gif

Edited by woody
went to cope this morning. they still have a lot of gear. ALL GEAR is 1/2 off. Bought the following:

many nic-knacks...singlasses, reefs, trailer parts, babes products, board shorts, etc.

singlasses? Are those, like shotglasses, maybe with little wakeboarders on them, or something cooler like x-ray glasses? Biggrin.gif

Well I purchased a new board from them through E-bay, I want to buy a new pair of bindings but not until I receive the new board first. At this point I don't trust them and would hate to drop acouple hundred dollars and receive nothing.

We picked up a few things also. New board, some shorts and few tops.

They will be closing the doors for good this wednesday, so get it while you can.

Really you sure about that?...... :)

You can spill the beans.... What did the get for me? Yahoo.gif

You had tight wad shopping...bad choice maestro. We on the other hand blew $250 buckeroos.

singlasses? Are those, like shotglasses, maybe with little wakeboarders on them, or something cooler like x-ray glasses? Biggrin.gif

nice catch theblackpearl. Biggrin.gif sin-glasses are what i wear when i don't want to get caught gawking at your hot wife! heh heh :blush: i type about as well as I knit.

FYI, my G.F. went to the Santa Clara store yesterday and got a O'Neil vest and spring suit for about 20% of what the normal retail cost would be.

Thats it? I stopped by there on Xmas eve and they said that once they reopen Jan 5th, i will be able to buy stuff for 50% plus off the listed price.

I cant believe how many boats they have stuffed in their back lot. SAD!! Very SAD!!

FYI, my G.F. went to the Santa Clara store yesterday and got a O'Neil vest and spring suit for about 20% of what the normal retail cost would be.

Thats it? I stopped by there on Xmas eve and they said that once they reopen Jan 5th, i will be able to buy stuff for 50% plus off the listed price.

I cant believe how many boats they have stuffed in their back lot. SAD!! Very SAD!!

Rumor has it that Copes is sitting on nearly 170 2008 boats. I am sure there will be great deals to be had.

Edited by kb3

Rumor has it that Copes is sitting on nearly 170 2008 boats. I am sure there will be great deals to be had.

170 Malibus

300 2007 Centurions

80+ 2008 Centurions

no 09's at all

they sold 1 09 centurion this year

OH BTW the Alameda Sports and Boat show is cancelled

Dude,

What I said was take for example a list price of $100 for an O'neill vest, she paid $20. In other words, she was getting the two pieces for 80% off. Good luck with your measly 50% off. Maybe send the wifee in there and she'll probably get 90% off.

edit: BTW, she saw all the Bu's they had and she asked the guy what was going to happen to them and he said the bank was coming to take them. Maybe a big auction coming up.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Dude,

What I said was take for example a list price of $100 for an O'neill vest, she paid $20. In other words, she was getting the two pieces for 80% off. Good luck with your measly 50% off. Maybe send the wifee in there and she'll probably get 90% off.

edit: BTW, she saw all the Bu's they had and she asked the guy what was going to happen to them and he said the bank was coming to take them. Maybe a big auction coming up.

WOW!

P

Dude,

oops Whistling.gif I shouldve read you post a bit closer. Yea thos prices are right in line to what he quoted me. The prices were a;ready reduced and he would take an additional 50% off the reduced price.

As far as the boats go, I believe that the boat manufacturers will be buying them back.

Dude,

oops Whistling.gif I shouldve read you post a bit closer. Yea thos prices are right in line to what he quoted me. The prices were a;ready reduced and he would take an additional 50% off the reduced price.

As far as the boats go, I believe that the boat manufacturers will be buying them back.

I have wondered and never asked how dealers typically finance or carry their inventory. What are the terms before they need to pay the factory in order to give them some leeway to carry a bit more inventory.

Anyhow, from Malibu's standpoint, I think they would be better off making a deal with the bank to take them all and re-distributing those boats into their dealer network. Not that many dealers are selling much, but better to do that than have them go at auction, mainly to keep pricing propped up as much as possible.

Dude,

Just before Cope in Rocklin closed (supposidly??), I went back in and bought a couple more items. When they were gonna ring it all up, I asked if they would go more than 50% off, and the guy said "Maybe, what would it take to get you to buy that handle, rope, etc.?" The handle's normal retail cost was $100, so I was gonna get it for $50, but I offered him $20. He replied "Sounds good!". But right after I paid, he hosed me right back and said "Bet you would kick yourself if I told you I would have taken $10 for it" Dho! He was a pretty funny guy.

Make sure to haggle! The worst thing they can say is "No"

Have fun.

Edited by gjsmith73