Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cope Mcphetres filing for bankruptcy?

bu2007vlx

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• 68Slalom

• Pat McCrotch

• bu2007vlx

NorCal Mastercraft and Riverboat Marine pulled out this weekend. I went there to get some Stabil and the place was empty minus a few items on the shelf. Bummer for me, I had been taking my boat there for service since it was only 5 minutes from my storage.

I guess they were having a hard time, so they decided to consolidate the dealership with the new NorCal MC dealership in Rancho Cordova.

I did get the name of the mechanic and he is going to do mobil, but may have difficulties getting warranty work. So it looks like I will have to drive the 40 minutes to Boat Country :)

Those guys at Boat Country are great.The best service dept IMO ... Rockon.gif

I have been shopping at Copes since 1994 when they were in Roseville off Douglas. What I always found interesting was the inconsistency of the staff. One day you would get great knowledgeable sales person (BK)the next time in you would get a clueless know it all(MM). Funny part is reading this post it seems others had the same experience.

Funny part is reading this post it seems others had the same experience.

I'm from the Midwest and don't know any of the C&M enterprise and find this thread hilarious. I just hope you guys will be taken care of.

I've got a couple of emails from Loud Liquid announcing their new service dept. Anyone have any experience with them?

As for UWS, I used to go in there and just hang out because the EMPLOYEES became friends of mine. They always took care of me there but unfortunately thats as far as it went.

(I have not read ALL of the thread...)

Apparently they are condensing and leaving all of the leased properties and just keeping open the locations at are "owned" to cut down on overhead. The service facility in Santa Clara closed and moved back into the original Copes building a few doors up El Camino.

Patrick

I've got a couple of emails from Loud Liquid announcing their new service dept. Anyone have any experience with them?

As for UWS, I used to go in there and just hang out because the EMPLOYEES became friends of mine. They always took care of me there but unfortunately thats as far as it went.

LL owner = flakey at best.

NorCal MC opened up in Rancho. You might check them out as well.

LL owner = flakey at best.

NorCal MC opened up in Rancho. You might check them out as well.

If Stewart says it, it is most likely true. He knows a lot of people and does work in the industry. thanks for killing that shout Stewart.

"Is it still buy one get one free in the pro shop and 46k for a new 2008 VTX??"

Don't know about the VTX however most items are buy one get one free. Had a bunch of wakeboards and I think they are getting more in from the shops that are closing.

• 5 weeks later...

This is part of an email that I got today. Copes is going to close. "Cope's tried to close some stores and filed ch. 11. But the court denied the filing yesterday (Wednesday). So they will be closing their doors at all locations. They will soon begin liquidation."

Brad

Received an e-mail today: Looks like they are shutting down some stores here in CA...

Cope and Mcphetres is going out of business!

All Inventory must be liquidated!

3 Locations only:

Rocklin

4409 Granite Dr

916-630-8800

Santa Clara

2931 El Camino Real

408-248-7844

Fairfield(Ultimate Watersports)

4670 Central Way

707-864-2628

To busy to come in? Call us and we'll ship it!

So to add to my post...I just called Cope and talked to their controller and they are blowing out Inventory at 50% + off...some amazing deals, nothing excluded.

With that, they said they are shutting down all the Ultimate Water Sports, the Bell Aqua Marina service at 1317 Vinci Ave and could not say who would be fill the void for boats or service.

Anyone out there in Sacramento reagion have a good place to take Malibu's for scheduled maintenance (or mobile person to come to the house) and any idea where we can get Warranty work done? My factory is up in May and I have some minor items I need to get done.

Thanks,

Chris

So to add to my post...I just called Cope and talked to their controller and they are blowing out Inventory at 50% + off...some amazing deals, nothing excluded.

With that, they said they are shutting down all the Ultimate Water Sports, the Bell Aqua Marina service at 1317 Vinci Ave and could not say who would be fill the void for boats or service.

Anyone out there in Sacramento reagion have a good place to take Malibu's for scheduled maintenance (or mobile person to come to the house) and any idea where we can get Warranty work done? My factory is up in May and I have some minor items I need to get done.

Thanks,

Chris

I suggest you contact Malibu directly, and ask them who will be doing their factory warranty work for those of you affected by this. If they don't have a plan, I am sure they will be putting one together. Their best approach would be to contact all of the buyers that are still in warranty from the affected locations and provide them the information. (hint, hint)

Boat Country down in Escalon (just north of Modesto). It's worth the drive.

Thanks alot for the recommendation. We are definately trying to keep all of our service guys busy during the off season. We unfortunately had to lay off one mechanic until things pick up, but we are hoping that we can bring him back on as soon as possible.

Plus1.gif for Boat Country.....Keep my local dealer healthy!

Went to Reno's Copes today and there was a sign Closing Dec 19 2008 forever. So much for buying something new for cheap, knowing them it wouldn't be that good of a saving.

Thanks,

Chris

If you feel like making a 2.5 hr drive to redding we would love to help you out at Oasis 530-242-8444 :)