Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cope Mcphetres filing for bankruptcy?

bu2007vlx

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• 68Slalom

• Pat McCrotch

• bu2007vlx

Boarder's Paradise has been a shop that they've run for a few years now. Maybe they're piggy-backing on a business that's still in good standing, for now.

Next time I'm there I'll let them know to change the sign out front or at least put a big piece of tape over it :)

I'm guessing that they've got a lot of consolidation & reorganization to go through before they can make any solid plans, & that the Boarder's Paradise business gives them something that they can do business through in the interim.

Karma & all of that aside, I'm not usually a fan of businesses going under at all. Looking at the big picture, I can't see a lot of scenarios where this is a good thing right now.

I heard Mello was the only person left in Rancho.....oh the karma!

With management making decisions like that, it's no wonder they went BK.

Sorry, but that man was the sole reason I wouldn't deal with that company. I've never met a more condescending man in all my life.

I'm guessing that they've got a lot of consolidation & reorganization to go through before they can make any solid plans, & that the Boarder's Paradise business gives them something that they can do business through in the interim.

Karma & all of that aside, I'm not usually a fan of businesses going under at all. Looking at the big picture, I can't see a lot of scenarios where this is a good thing right now.

I agree Tracie, but at the same time it allows people that have been screwed to make positive change. I will soon be talking with Malibu if the store here closes. That is positive change for the customers and the comunity.

Very true, I just worry about what this means for the industry as a whole. Tough times are usually all that much tougher on an industry like this, & the recoil/rebound on Malibu with their largest dealer going under can't be a good thing for them even if said dealer has very few good things that can & have been said about them.

Very true, I just worry about what this means for the industry as a whole. Tough times are usually all that much tougher on an industry like this, & the recoil/rebound on Malibu with their largest dealer going under can't be a good thing for them even if said dealer has very few good things that can & have been said about them.

The issues regarding Copes vitality in the marine market extend way beyond just the market. Copes and UWS didn't have the same makeup of ownership either.

Who was the short, middle aged, blond hair sales manager at Rancho. Man, that guy was a total tool.

I believe the TOOL your talking about is the same manager the rest have been speaking of. Mike Mello!

Who was the short, middle aged, blond hair sales manager at Rancho. Man, that guy was a total tool.

I believe the TOOL your talking about is the same manager the rest have been speaking of. Mike Mello!

I don't know what you guys and gals are talking about, Mike was a great guy Whistling.gif

Ya I agree it has been a long time coming for this company. They have black listed my company. I won't mention my company name. I do know we have superior products in this area and since one guy in there doesn't like me he has gone out of his way to keep business away from me.

I know the Manager of the Fairfield store is completely against me and the company. One day I had some friends passing out 5X7 club cards and they saw him pulling a new Bu. They didn't know who he was so they gave him a card. He ripped it up in front of them and said this stuff is junk. What cooth this guy has. He could have at least said oh thank you and threw it away later.

I wont mention names but I have heard through the grapevine that he has lost his wife and pretty much everything he owns. Karma got him I guess. I am sure he has treated other people really bad. I don't want to say he deserves it cause nobody does. I just wish people were not so Bias.

I have redone a couple other companies work on the boats. I don't glorify it or talk bad about them. I just make the customer happy. I can't believe these guys lie and cheat to get where they are going. I can't say enough about when you purchase equipment you get what you pay for. Fiberglass verses Aluminum, pre-fab boxes verses Custom built and fiberglassed boxes to keep water out. Just a huge difference.

Well Thanks for listening to my story with these guys. Oh I have bought every boat and piece of gear from them even though they have black listed me. The Monopoly

Speaking about bias, they don't carry your products and you are publizing the guy losing his wife along with his business. You might think your products are great but Fairfield carried Skylon and LiquidTrends tower speakers that are top quality and are widely marketed. Have some compassion and get that chip off your sholuder.

Ya I agree it has been a long time coming for this company. They have black listed my company. I won't mention my company name. I do know we have superior products in this area and since one guy in there doesn't like me he has gone out of his way to keep business away from me.

I know the Manager of the Fairfield store is completely against me and the company. One day I had some friends passing out 5X7 club cards and they saw him pulling a new Bu. They didn't know who he was so they gave him a card. He ripped it up in front of them and said this stuff is junk. What cooth this guy has. He could have at least said oh thank you and threw it away later.

I wont mention names but I have heard through the grapevine that he has lost his wife and pretty much everything he owns. Karma got him I guess. I am sure he has treated other people really bad. I don't want to say he deserves it cause nobody does. I just wish people were not so Bias.

I have redone a couple other companies work on the boats. I don't glorify it or talk bad about them. I just make the customer happy. I can't believe these guys lie and cheat to get where they are going. I can't say enough about when you purchase equipment you get what you pay for. Fiberglass verses Aluminum, pre-fab boxes verses Custom built and fiberglassed boxes to keep water out. Just a huge difference.

Well Thanks for listening to my story with these guys. Oh I have bought every boat and piece of gear from them even though they have black listed me. The Monopoly

Speaking about bias, they don't carry your products and you are publizing the guy losing his wife along with his business. You might think your products are great but Fairfield carried Skylon and LiquidTrends tower speakers that are top quality and are widely marketed. Have some compassion and get that chip off your sholuder.

1 post dude!

Dont be bashing my buddy Pat, What kind of credibility do you think you have with JUST ....ONE post!

Looks like a Troll to me, one pump chump probably to never be heard from again.

I'm thinking that 1 post is from one of the people in question or a personal friend.

G I don't think he was bashing or putting Pat down. I have seen people bash on the fist post and that was not one of them IMO.

Until you took delivery.

I bought from UWS in Livermore, I haven't head anything bad from them yet. They have always been friendly and no bullsh*t type of guys, Justin the store manager has always been honest and helpful when I needed something!

There is no chip on me. I just point out the facts. I wrote a big rebuttle to your comment but then I deleted it, cause all my fellow members already see how you are one post wonder. By the way the friends and co-workers of the guy who lost everything told me about it so harass them. They are the guys that tell me the products are superior but costly. Since there is Bias in UWS I will never get in. Directly from UWS employees mouths.

Have a great Veterans day since I am a disabled vet that fought 3 wars for you to have an opinion.

You know what, everyone has an opinion and an a$$hole and they both stink. Yahoo.gif

There is no chip on me. I just point out the facts. I wrote a big rebuttle to your comment but then I deleted it, cause all my fellow members already see how you are one post wonder. By the way the friends and co-workers of the guy who lost everything told me about it so harass them. They are the guys that tell me the products are superior but costly. Since there is Bias in UWS I will never get in. Directly from UWS employees mouths.

Have a great Veterans day since I am a disabled vet that fought 3 wars for you to have an opinion.

You know what, everyone has an opinion and an a$$hole and they both stink. Yahoo.gif

Good one, thank you for your service and enjoy your day...

Until you took delivery.

I bought from UWS in Livermore, I haven't head anything bad from them yet. They have always been friendly and no bullsh*t type of guys, Justin the store manager has always been honest and helpful when I needed something!

I think the people they employ is the reason they have lasted so long. The owners or upper level managment are the ones who have seemed shady to me, but what do I know. All I do know is that if you bought a boat from them in Reno, you became best friends with the guys in the shop.

Until you took delivery.

I think the people they employ is the reason they have lasted so long. The owners or upper level managment are the ones who have seemed shady to me, but what do I know. All I do know is that if you bought a boat from them in Reno, you became best friends with the guys in the shop.

Best friends like you hang out everyday? You and the whole shop? You might of had a great experience with them and thats great. But best friends, come on. You let the guys go on the water with your wife or girlfriend and trust them? That is a best friend. When was the last time you were taken to a raiders game from them or just to dinner or out for drinks? I love my best friends, and I can count them on one hand. I am sure there are more employees there than 5