Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

carpet saver

Anyone use the carpet saver? I'm considering getting one to help keep the original carpet cleaner as I have a couple of little kids. My questions are: does it curl up at the edges when it dries, which would be a trip spot, and does it really mat down the existing carpet? thanks

We have a carpet saver, yes it helps to keep the carpet underneath clean and dry (only exception is the occasional leak from the front ballast tank). Now on my second carpet saver (frist was in another boat for 8 years) I’ve never had and of the edges curl up. I find the areas w/o it mat down quicker and show much more wear.

We've had one 3 years now without any curling or matting problems. I don't use the front piece that goes through the walkway and under the driver feet and at the end of the year you can see a difference between the covered and uncovered areas, but once its all been shampooed at the year of the season it all looks the same.

Carpet savers are great, no complaints other than if your carpet does get really wet you need to take your carpet saver out so your boat carpet has a chance to dry out. If you leave the carpet saver in there the boat carpet never gets a chance to dry out completely. The only other complaint I've received is the table cut out doesn't always line up. I can order the carpet savers with out the table cut out and it can be cut later if you like.

You can pick up 25% off during our tent sale for the carpet savers (25% of list price at check out) http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=581 Let me know if you have any questions about them, i would love to help.

Thanks!

Paul

Carpet savers are great, no complaints other than if your carpet does get really wet you need to take your carpet saver out so your boat carpet has a chance to dry out. If you leave the carpet saver in there the boat carpet never gets a chance to dry out completely. The only other complaint I've received is the table cut out doesn't always line up. I can order the carpet savers with out the table cut out and it can be cut later if you like.

You can pick up 25% off during our tent sale for the carpet savers (25% of list price at check out) http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=581 Let me know if you have any questions about them, i would love to help.

Thanks!

Paul

thanks Paul, I just emailed your email from the tent sale link. I'm in Canada so I had a few questions. thanks