Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best all around prop

kent342

I am looking for advise on the best all around prop for an 08 23lsv with the 340 motor. We ski, board, surf and use at higher atltitudes a couple of times a year. currently we are stock but would like to gain some low end and mid range power and smoothness.

I am looking for advise on the best all around prop for an 08 23lsv with the 340 motor. We ski, board, surf and use at higher atltitudes a couple of times a year. currently we are stock but would like to gain some low end and mid range power and smoothness.

Can you tell me what the STOCK prop is? Malibu or the deal puts different one on 381 or 537. IMO with you having an 23lsv with the smaller motor and heading up to higher altitudes I would go with the OJ 468.

I have the ACME 1235 that works great. It is actually the prop that comes stock in high altitude areas. I also have an OJ prop that i got earlier this year that didn't have a part # yet. It is something like 13.5 x 13 and gives even better low end but a little to much for me.

D-Goose, i can not see the prop currently, it is at Malibu getting repainted. We had issues with the blk, long story but they saw it first and are taking care of it. It looks like most are running the ACME 1235, is the OJ 468 similar?.

Dave08'vlx, did eather one of the props change the wake at high speeds (skiing), I would not want the wake to increase in size, we still like to pull out the ski alot. I know this is a big boat but it has a ok wake for the big water free skiing. We have a smaller one for the private one.