Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favorite Wakeboarders

-BS-

Favorite Wakeboarders  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your 3 favorite wakeboarders?

• Andrew Adkison
    • Parks Bonifay
    • Shane Bonifay
    • Scott Byerly
    • Mike Ennen
    • Adam Errington
    • Ben Greenwood
    • Trevor Hansen
    • Danny Harf
    • Colin Harrington
    • Randall Harris
    • Keith Lyman
    • Rusty Malinoski
    • Shaun Murray
    • Aaron Rathy
    • Chad Sharpe
    • Phillip Soven
    • Shawn Watson
    • J.D Webb
    • Other

I've seen polls like this in magazines, but I'm convinced that the magazines are biased (for what reason I don't know, probably because the guys I like are never at the top)

Vote for your 3 favorite, list them in order, and give a one/two word reason why. Keep in mind there are A LOT of unbelievable riders not listed, feel free to write in.

Mine are:

1. Keith Lyman: enough said

1a. Ben Greenwood: STYLE

3. Danny Harf: progression

BS, its not just the style of Benny G. but the absolute board and handle control that amazes me. He is BY FAR one of the most technical riders out there but very few take note when he does a Grabbed TS FS 7, right into a switch grabbed TS FS 7. His riding is akin to the "Iceman" in Top Gun...."Ice cold, no mistakes" haha!!!!!!

Edited by Liquidmx

Nice link........was that the world's largest HS stale to (late) BS 3 by Smith? or is it just me?.....anyway, what you said about BG's riding is 'spot on'. I think the style comes when you have so much control that you have time/skill to really style the move out...... alright, well, thanks for the links. it'll be some inspiration for the next set...(not that my set will look REMOTELY like that, but..)

Mrothwell, its no different than people having favorite teams, favorite bands or favorite artists. Personally I look at wakeboarding as an artistic expression, just the same as snowboarding, dance, painting, photography, etc. Some of the most unique (and my favorite) riders in my opinion would be:

Byerly, Harris, Lyman, Benny G, the Bonifay's, Watson, Necrason, Dean Smith, Chris O, Collin Harrington, K. Murphy, D. Cook, J. Smith, J. Fisher, and many many others (which I cannot think of off the top of my head). My list is short but the krux is that these guys look at the sport in a very different aspect than competition riders. They view it very similar to dancing...a form of personal expression.

Shaun Murray is on top of my list, if I could meet any wakeboarder it would be him, I swear he was born on the water, he is so smooth and his Raleys are Huge. I would love to take his boarding school some time.

Lyman is second on my list.

Shaun Murray is on top of my list, if I could meet any wakeboarder it would be him, I swear he was born on the water, he is so smooth and his Raleys are Huge. I would love to take his boarding school some time.

NV....I got to ride with Gerry Nunn and Lyman this past summer. Nunn was incredible his s-bends and raley's are ridiculous. However, Lyman was neat to watch and I was shocked at how big he was taking simple W2W tricks. My first photo of Lyman was the bottom of a poked out indy grab.

NV....I got to ride with Gerry Nunn and Lyman this past summer. Nunn was incredible his s-bends and raley's are ridiculous. However, Lyman was neat to watch and I was shocked at how big he was taking simple W2W tricks. My first photo of Lyman was the bottom of a poked out indy grab.

Nice.. Gerry Nunn is on the list also, didn't watch a lot of him when he was riding alot for the public but man he takes everything big!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...