Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

winterizing

Marvin Gardens

1991 Malibu Sunsetter 201

Chevy 350

Boat will stay on a lift in a covered slip on Norris Lake in TN.

Can anyone give step by step winterization guide?

Thanks

dumb question, but how cold does it get during the "winter" down there in TN?

Cold enough that he needs freeze protection. IMO, I wouldn't store the boat in the water on a lift. I would find an indoor storage facility to store it for the winter. There were pictures from last winter or a year before that showed a covered dock(s) that collapsed from the weight of ice and snow.

I admit that I'm one of those anal boat owners that has been mentioned in another thread, but that's what I would do.

No clue how much snow you guys get there. Also, what about trees & the wind during the winter? But if your boat house can handle it, and you have a good power supply inside, I don't think it would be too bad.

You should probably read this thread.... several people posted details about how they winterized their boat.