Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Member and Malibu owner

txdyna65

I hope I am posting this in the right area, I did not see a new member area. Just wanted to intorduce myself and start getting aquainted with the forum. Im Kenny and my wife is Gracie, not sure if she will post, but she likes to read the threads. We live out in the country near La Grange TX. We have been following the forum some the last couple of months but didnt register until we actually bought our new boat. We looked at and demo'd many brands but the Malibus seemed heads above them all. We bought a new 08 Wakesetter 23 LSV today, will take delivery saturday :) We have appreciated all the info we have read here and it was part of our decision making process. We look forward to getting to know some of yall. Thanks for having us.

I hope I am posting this in the right area, I did not see a new member area. Just wanted to intorduce myself and start getting aquainted with the forum. Im Kenny and my wife is Gracie, not sure if she will post, but she likes to read the threads. We live out in the country near La Grange TX. We have been following the forum some the last couple of months but didnt register until we actually bought our new boat. We looked at and demo'd many brands but the Malibus seemed heads above them all. We bought a new 08 Wakesetter 23 LSV today, will take delivery saturday :) We have appreciated all the info we have read here and it was part of our decision making process. We look forward to getting to know some of yall. Thanks for having us.

Cool! I'm kinda new myself. Enjoy! Welcome.gif

Welcome welcome. I'm fairly new here too. These guys are just absolutely fabulous on this site. The bu crew is awesome! You'll never find a nicer more honest group of people on another boat forum (though I'm a little bias)

Edited by CrazyTegger

Thanks for all the nice welcomes :) Owned a few outboards and I/O, this is our first inboard, so Im sure I have alot to learn, but cant wait to take her out and get started. Will get pics up as soon as I can. Thanks again for the welcomes, we look forward to being a part of the forum.

Did you buy from Cental Texas Watersports?

No we didnt, we did look there and the staff was really friendly and helpful, but they didnt have a color that we just really loved and the dealer wouldnt give us much on our trade. We ended up getting a much better deal in Houston and my wife really loved the color we picked.

Did you get the black one with the orange stripes from Darryl Moores Marine? I sure would like to see some pictures! Congratulations. Rockon.gif

Welcome & congratulations Tx. You may want to withhold your judgment of the site, at least until after we start trying to spend your money on all of those not-so-needed accessories. We're very good at spending the money of others. Biggrin.gif

Yes I noticed that before I signed up Thumbup.gif but thats ok with me, its my wife that I have to do the explaining to though Biggrin.gif

Did you get the black one with the orange stripes from Darryl Moores Marine? I sure would like to see some pictures! Congratulations. Rockon.gif

We looked real hard at that one, it was my first choice, but I got outvoted by my wife. We got the green and black one, which was my second choice anyways. We are meeting them at Conroe tommorrow to pick it up and take her on the lake, I'll get pics then.

Just in time for the cooler part of the year and year round surfing on Fayette County Lake.

And its right in y'alls backyard - how cool is that!

Here are a few pics as promised. We met the guy at Lake Conroe and took the boat out for a spin and general run through. After he left we took her out for a few hours. The lake was very rough but the boat handled alot better than I thought it would in the rough stuff. We are going out tommorrow to Fayette lake, hopefully alot better lake conditions.

First pic is my daughter, second pic, my daughter and wife, last pic my daughter being herself lol

BU23LSV10-18-08006resize.jpg

BU23LSV10-18-08003resize.jpg

BU23LSV10-18-08008resize.jpg

The boat looked really sharp in the water, but unfortunately I didnt get any of it in the water. Will try next time, thanks for looking.

I saw you guys on the water today. Boat looks great. I actually thought about buying that boat. Again, great boat.

Looks like you have the same stereo setup that I do. Do you get any engine noise (whining through the speakers while the music is at low or no volume)? I am taking mine back in to get looked at again. I notice mine is real bad when playing the ipod through the AUX jack. I replaced my mirror with the samson sport mirror and I think thats the best upgrade possible.

Great family, great boat!

I saw you guys on the water today. Boat looks great. I actually thought about buying that boat. Again, great boat.

Looks like you have the same stereo setup that I do. Do you get any engine noise (whining through the speakers while the music is at low or no volume)? I am taking mine back in to get looked at again. I notice mine is real bad when playing the ipod through the AUX jack. I replaced my mirror with the samson sport mirror and I think thats the best upgrade possible.

Great family, great boat!

Should have said hello :) Im pretty sure I know which boat you were, over by the dam? And yes we do get that whine you were talking about. Called the dealer and they are going to look at it next week. We didnt know what it was, but I knew it wasnt normal. Im going to replace that mirror too, its in a really bad spot. Where did you get yours at? Also, let me know what they come up with on that noise, I'll do the same. They didnt have my swivel racks in and a wiring harness for the back inside stereo remote so I have to take it back for that. Other than that we loved the boat.

And yes my daughter loved the boat, she just thinks she's all that sometimes and loves having her picture taken lol We are leaving in a couple hours for fayette lake, only 20 min for us. :) Thanks for the compliments too.

I have actually taken my boat in two times for it. Both times they were under the impression they fixed it by replacing a unit, and tuning the amp, but as soon as you kick on the ipod that is whining loud as day. The problem is the RCA cables are ran right next to the power cable, so what we are hearing is the interferance. Only way to make it go away correctly is to rewire the RCA cables. I hope they fix it right this time.

Make sure you get the samson mirror, you will love your boat even more once you can actually see where your going without the other mirror in the way.

http://www.samsonsports.com/

Keep me posted on how your boat turns out and I will do the same.