Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Wheel maintanence

So I have the zurk (zerk) type fittings in my single axle wheel bearings of my trailer. As long as I keep squirting oil in there until I see it seeping out every so often, do I ever really have to repack the bearings ??

How often should I grease the zurk/fittings?

So I have the zurk (zerk) type fittings in my single axle wheel bearings of my trailer.  As long as I keep squirting oil in there until I see it seeping out every so often, do I ever really have to repack the bearings ??

How often should I grease the zurk/fittings?

Seeing no reply for 24 hours I'll give my 'less than qualified' opinion. If they are traditional bearing buddies and you check them frequently and you don't overfill them and blow the seals and you don't drive great distances each year you can easily get 2-3 years without repacking them. I am incompetent at such things so I would be paying someone else to do so. Therefore I tend to push the intervals. If you know how to do it and are willing to do so, I would recommend you change/repack the bearings every 2-3 years.

Jeff/AirChair1

I found some literature on my bearings and for some reason it says to fill them with grease until I see grease coming out around the center??? So maybe it won't hurt the seal at all??

I guess I'll try that?

The info that I have tells you that these's no need to repack. Well thats ok but it should be done every 5 yrs or if you see grease coming from the back of the hubs. If so then you'll need to replace the hub seal. Only buy a seal from the OEM or a boat shop. Why because not all seals are created equal. Some will let the water pass by the seal when hot but boat trailer seals have a 2 seal lip to keep out the water. Plus don't put your trailer in the water when the hubs are fully hot, If you do the hubs will cool to fast and draw water into the hub. If the posted pics are hard to read I can E you a bigger pixel pic.

Yes grease the hub slowly untell it come's out the front.