Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Old Ride vs New Ride

Jimmypooh

Here is my first boat - and what brought me to this site:

1986 Malibu Skier w/Titan Tower

And here is what I upgraded to. I know I strayed from the bu', but I needed a bigger boat and wanted a v-drive and the deal was too good to pass up! In a few years, I hope to trade up yet again back into a Wakesetter Thumbup.gif

I've been looking high and low for our boat with a Titan Series I on it. I found it! Thanks for sharing the pic. Any chance you have a close up of the mounting feet?

Thanks!

This is our first and only boat so far - we love it!!

I'll send you a pm with the pictures I can find of it. They may give you an idea on how to put it on.

I got the pics - thanks that will help big time with the install! I took your pics with me to the storage facility when I measured the boat for the tower.

Always wanted a Natique growing up while skiing behind the inboard/outboard. So I got one as my 1st boat. Used it for 5 yrs. Now its for sale.

Know anyone that needs a 82 Ski Nautique?

post-7412-1231294338_thumb.jpg

The family grew by one and all the toys that came with her required an upgrade so we also own this 95 Malibu Sunsetter.

post-7412-1231294725_thumb.jpg

I didn't buy it cause I liked the color, after owning it about 1.5 months the wife thought it needed to mate with a 55' houseboat.

post-7412-1231295134_thumb.jpg

What better chance to change the biggest thing I disliked about the new ride. Insurance had to fix the carnage and since they couldn't match the gelcoat, they needed to redo the whole stipe with new gel and striping. What do you think? I sure like it alot better. Now just need to change the stripes in the interior. Not sure if that is possible without recovering whole seat. I thought maybe the stipes in the upolstery could be taken out and used as paterns and re-sewn in. Any advice??? Greatly appreciated.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0257.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0164.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0163.jpg

Love the new color - looks really good. Just get that interior updated and it will look really sweet!

Always wanted a Natique growing up while skiing behind the inboard/outboard. So I got one as my 1st boat. Used it for 5 yrs. Now its for sale.

Know anyone that needs a 82 Ski Nautique?post-7412-1231294338_thumb.jpg

The family grew by one and all the toys that came with her required an upgrade so we also own this 95 Malibu Sunsetter.

post-7412-1231294725_thumb.jpg

I didn't buy it cause I liked the color, after owning it about 1.5 months the wife thought it needed to mate with a 55' houseboat.

post-7412-1231295134_thumb.jpg

What better chance to change the biggest thing I disliked about the new ride. Insurance had to fix the carnage and since they couldn't match the gelcoat, they needed to redo the whole stipe with new gel and striping. What do you think? I sure like it alot better. Now just need to change the stripes in the interior. Not sure if that is possible without recovering whole seat. I thought maybe the stipes in the upolstery could be taken out and used as paterns and re-sewn in. Any advice??? Greatly appreciated.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0257.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0164.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0163.jpg

Love the new color - looks really good. Just get that interior updated and it will look really sweet!

What's the price? Condition? More pictures?

Edited by 88Skier

I'm liking the orange...is that new gelcoat or paint? As for the interior, any reputable upholstery shop could make you custom skins, especially with the old ones for a pattern to follow. You could also search this site for "skins" made by a guy named "Chee" in California...he makes new skins for older model Malibus. You give him the hull ID and he makes original replacement skins. However, in your case you would have to work out a custom color but I would think that's possible.

Oh, and post your Nautique for sale on correctcraftfan.com if you haven't.

post-8053-1231634255_thumb.jpg

1st boat (07 Vride-300hrs)

post-8053-1231634281_thumb.jpg

new boat! Just got it yesterday. (09 21' Vride)

**thanks to Calexan for inspiration on color scheme! (looks like your boat's little bro :) )

Love that Vride!!! It looks sick!!!! Send me some pics of it once you get it on the lake!

What's the price? Condition? More pictures?

$5500 Solid with new Alternator, water pump battery, rebuilt carb. No soft spots. Only reason for replacement of pump was to get rid of heater and one of the fittings went into pump and I couldn't get it out. Alternator was replaced cause bolt hole for adjustment had a hairline crack and thought it would leave me floating sometime. 351 was rebuilt in 94 before I got it. Teak is in good shape Will post later in classifieds

post-7412-1231877371_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1231877379_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1231877402_thumb.jpg

1 more The orange is gel coat. Talked with Chee yesterday, now I need to find a color chart for interior.

post-7412-1231877981_thumb.jpg

Edited by scout1ton