Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Old Ride vs New Ride

Jimmypooh

We see a lot of fantastic boats on here. I thought it would be nice to see the boat you upgraded from along with the new one. Was it hard to make the switch?

Here is our upgrade.

IMG_3803.jpg

18 foot '69 Stuery with an '85 Johnson 150hp (upgrade from a '78 135hp and a '69 75hp)

She still runs like a champ

To:

IMG_3828.jpg

'06 VLX 340 monsoon

I know I had a tough time with the move. Don't get me wrong, our new Bu is far superior to the old Stuery, but the Stuery has been in the family since it was new ('69). That was well before my time. We haven't parted with it yet, but it will be a sad day when we wont be able to store it any more :( .

Here is my first boat - and what brought me to this site:

1986 Malibu Skier w/Titan Tower

Boat_Sized.jpg

And here is what I upgraded to. I know I strayed from the bu', but I needed a bigger boat and wanted a v-drive and the deal was too good to pass up! In a few years, I hope to trade up yet again back into a Wakesetter Thumbup.gif

SAN.jpg

1997 Mariah Shabah 4.3L 255 hp lots of money and time put into that little v6. And the newest toy 2007 VTX with the Monsoon 340 and all options except the bow tank.

post-5478-1223950564_thumb.jpg

post-5478-1223950860_thumb.jpg

Edited by trentj6930

Boat_Sized.jpg

And here is what I upgraded to. I know I strayed from the bu', but I needed a bigger boat and wanted a v-drive and the deal was too good to pass up! In a few years, I hope to trade up yet again back into a Wakesetter Thumbup.gif

SAN.jpg

Your new boat is nice, but to me the skier is much nicer! NICE BOAT Drool.gif

Heres the last boat. '94 MC 205. Bought it for $16k, put about $3k into it, Ichor tower, modified the back seat, about 800 lbs in lead ballast, stereo, swimstep, etc., racked up over 700 hrs on it, & sold it for $16k.

205fromabove1.jpg

Upgraded to the 2005 Vride just about a year ago. Great ride, nice wake, tons of room, rides nice in the chop giving the rider a steady handle. And the big rogue waves don't bother me a bit when we're just hangin out.

CIMG0954.jpg

No pics of my first boats exist...... those boats pre-date digital cameras & cell phones.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Everingham Ski/Race Boat (aussie built)... Very fast, but not to practical for us - served us well though

smallDSC00789.jpg

Camero Stealth (another aussie built)... Great fun, gave us alot more room to move, and was a stepping stone to the next

PA140031.jpg

Malibu VLX Wakesetter... with all the bits and pieces

morningsmall.jpg

• 1 month later...

Figured I would join the thread......

Here's what I had to sell to buy my Bu. It was a 96 Unlimited Powerboat with twin 502's...... I really miss the sound when I start my Bu..... but I dont miss the gas bill!

P5220285_edited-1.jpg

Here's my 09 LSV that I moved into..... It doesnt wake the neighbors with the exhaust, but what it lacks for in engine noise..... It makes up for in Wetsound noise!

PA040943.jpg

My first boat. I really liked this boat. It was a great boat to learn on. I really miss how it easy it was to drive and maneuver.

1262565625d6c158a07aovw0.jpg

w640.png

I love my Malibu. Dont think I could have gotten a better one. Wetsounds will be on soon.

dsc3241na7.jpg

w640.png

• 1 month later...

Boat_Sized.jpg

SAN.jpg

I've been looking high and low for our boat with a Titan Series I on it. I found it! Thanks for sharing the pic. Any chance you have a close up of the mounting feet?

Thanks!

This is our first and only boat so far - we love it!!

DSCF0170-1000.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

Boat_Sized.jpg

SAN.jpg

I've been looking high and low for our boat with a Titan Series I on it. I found it! Thanks for sharing the pic. Any chance you have a close up of the mounting feet?

Thanks!

This is our first and only boat so far - we love it!!

DSCF0170-1000.jpg

I'll send you a pm with the pictures I can find of it. They may give you an idea on how to put it on.

Always wanted a Natique growing up while skiing behind the inboard/outboard. So I got one as my 1st boat. Used it for 5 yrs. Now its for sale.

Know anyone that needs a 82 Ski Nautique?

post-7412-1231294338_thumb.jpg

The family grew by one and all the toys that came with her required an upgrade so we also own this 95 Malibu Sunsetter.

post-7412-1231294725_thumb.jpg

I didn't buy it cause I liked the color, after owning it about 1.5 months the wife thought it needed to mate with a 55' houseboat.

post-7412-1231295134_thumb.jpg

What better chance to change the biggest thing I disliked about the new ride. Insurance had to fix the carnage and since they couldn't match the gelcoat, they needed to redo the whole stipe with new gel and striping. What do you think? I sure like it alot better. Now just need to change the stripes in the interior. Not sure if that is possible without recovering whole seat. I thought maybe the stipes in the upolstery could be taken out and used as paterns and re-sewn in. Any advice??? Greatly appreciated.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0257.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0164.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/s...bu/100_0163.jpg

Edited by scout1ton