Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No hand slalom skiing

barefootski

This is a picture of my 61 year old father having some fun on the slalom ski. He is using an old wooden ski with the handle that comes apart to make two separate handles. He also likes being pulled with the rope from the tower, it is easier for him to get up. He does not course ski but he has fun when we go out on the water.

post-2063-1223847849_thumb.jpg

Edited by barefootski

Looks like he's having fun! That's awesome! When I get to be his age I hope I'm in good enough shape to still be riding and enjoying the water. Seeing him ski gives me hope for my retirement years.

This is a picture of my 61 year old father having some fun on the slalom ski. He is using an old wooden ski with the handle that comes apart to make two separate handles. He also likes being pulled with the rope from the tower, it is easier for him to get up. He does not course ski but he has fun when we go out on the water.

post-2063-1223847849_thumb.jpg

That is great! I pulled my Dad about a year ago and really enjoyed having him behind my boat. He mostly plays Golf now but it is nice to know he is in good enough shape to get on the water. I hope your father is enjoying his golden years and skiing with is son (and grandchildren?). God Bless you and your family and thanks for sharing the pic of your father.

REW,

Thanks, my 4 year old son was in the boat with me. My mother also came along, she took the pic. We were skiing on a weekday, I could not justify having my 7 year old daughter miss school for a day to go out on the boat but it was tempting. I have not forced my kids into trying to ski yet but I have the Gladiator ski trainer and I'm hoping next summer both kids will give it a try.

One of my ski buddies is 65 and he still barefoots. I worked him up to ski in some rough water and he crashed pretty hard but kept skiing! Just don't stop skiing!

Edited by Hwood

My three main ski buddies are 71, 68, and 65....they all still ski VERY well. Mainly slalom in the course and trick, but the 71 year old still jumps, and not just plopping over either, as he still exceeds 100 feet. They will usually barefoot at least once a year too.

I have days off during the week, and they are retired. Doesn't get much better than that.

I can only hope I'm still enjoying this sport as much as they do when I get that old. :)

Still playing hockey at 51 and played with some guys at 70! Like the others said before, just keep on doing what you love and you'll never get old!!!