Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow ballast drain

kent

Has anyone had problems with their bow ballast draining when surfing? It seems that I will fill it up then surf for awhile when I get back in the boat to drain, I look at the gauge and its already half empty before I start to drain !! This has happened several times,,, any hear of this or how to fix ?! thanks in advance.

Has anyone had problems with their bow ballast draining when surfing? It seems that I will fill it up then surf for awhile when I get back in the boat to drain, I look at the gauge and its already half empty before I start to drain !! This has happened several times,,, any hear of this or how to fix ?! thanks in advance.

Plus1.gif

I always end up topping it off while we're out. On mine, it's pushing back out through the fill, so if I reach down & close the valve on that pump, it won't siphon. But half the time I forget to do that, so I just top it up from time to time.

Is it pushing back out from the fill or the drain pump? I have thought about putting a shut off on the drain under the drivers area but havn't gotten that far yet. Maybe I will put one on the drain and just shut both of them!

Ours pushes out the fill pump, shutting that valve fixes it. Of course, we don't have a carpet saver in the way. Tease.gif

Frustrated.gif

Guess I am going to have to modify it like Woody did his!

Ours pushes out the fill pump, shutting that valve fixes it. Of course, we don't have a carpet saver in the way. Tease.gif

Frustrated.gif

Guess I am going to have to modify it like Woody did his!

Why, you just fill them and then leave it shut the entire day anyway. :)

you can make a one way check vavle and place it in the fill line about a foot from the fill pump.

You can, but there is a likelihood of introducing more restriction into the system by doing that.

marksy,

Pull the hatch in the floor between the driver's seat & observer's seat. I can't remember offhand which pump is for the bow, but turning it on & putting your hand on it will tell you which one it is. Look for a lever that will be pointing up that is attached to the valve that sits between the pump & the hull. If you turn that lever so that it's at a 90 degree angle, that shuts the valve.